Experimental research project proposal by Jeff Warren and conducted by David Haffner...?

David haffner sr

May 30, 2016, 9:58:57 AM5/30/16
to plots-spectrometry

Well, it's been a week now since posting this proposal up and no responses except from Warren. Disappointing, so I am going to discuss some observations from pre-testing that I have already done on the 365nm LED and the 385nm LED from Mouser electronics. Number one is, from the picture above you can see the perspective size ratio looking at the penny in relation to the LED, this is a very difficult LED to work with, and its luminous intensity is insufficient to illuminate ANY sample at the appropriate right angle for fluorescence, even adjusting the LED flush with the sample cuvette will not produce the necessary illumination of the sample.

Since I haven't received any feedback on this proposal yet from the "community," I am strongly considering NOT using these two LEDs, and looking for an alternative.

On the point of a "community," this is another interesting point of contention, a very interesting definition of this word is: "an assemblage of interacting populations occupying a given area." Notice the operand word; "interacting," if there is any real interacting, it certainly isn't here in this area of cyber-space. There just seems to be no leadership or real direction, I am a voracious reader, I appreciate and have a real love of learning and with that, entails a high degree of interactive feedback and personal interaction.

I'm just not really finding the same type of enthusiasm at all here, I always continue to post my research here but I'm not really going to expect much in the way of any feedback or interaction, so as far as this experimental proposal is concerned, it will get done whenever Jeff wants, I'm in no rush.

Dave H

Liz Barry

May 31, 2016, 11:54:58 AM5/31/16
to plots-spe...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave,
Your research is well-received by Public Lab, i've heard lots of appreciation on the various channels!

I hear your interaction comment, and can offer that overall, the Riffle water quality project and the Google Summer of Code projects are currently taking a lot of time from people in the Public Lab community -- see the water-quality and gsoc lists in case you're interested. This past week has also included schools of all levels breaking for the summer, and at least in the US, Memorial Day weekend.

Sincerely,
Liz

--

Liz Barry
director of urban environment

--
Post to this group at plots-sp...@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "plots-spectrometry" group.

Yagiz Sutcu

May 31, 2016, 5:13:53 PM5/31/16
to plots-spectrom.

Reminding a retired Navy vet that last weekend was the Memorial Day?

David haffner sr

May 31, 2016, 5:15:37 PM5/31/16
to plots-spe...@googlegroups.com
Memorial day was this past weekend.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "plots-spectrometry" group.