Re: Automatic save

Jeffrey Warren

Jun 23, 2015, 12:07:06 PM6/23/15
to Roni Segoly, plots-spe...@googlegroups.com

All good points. I think your use of the macro is going well, just check how long it is between the saved samples you've collected to confirm that the timing is correct.

The macros system, especially in the capture interface, is pretty rough and could be improved a lot. Luckily Sreyanth is working on that this summer. (Cced)

For automatic calibration I think that's possible. Is there an entry for calibrating spectra in the API page? I think there is... We could modify the macro to calibrate too.

On Jun 22, 2015 11:42 PM, "Roni Segoly" <roni....@gmail.com> wrote:
but still I am not sure I am doing it the right way

1. I created the new macro and saved but my mistake was that I changed the second values at the beginning of the macro to be 10 minutes and not at the end. Do I need to change both places?
$W.timer.countdown = 60*60 // seconds until next capture
setInterval($W.timer.capture,1000*60*60)

2. The way to choose existing macro is not clear.
  • Open capture interface.
  • Start capture
  • Choose macro icon (I get editor with some template)
  • if I click in template Window list of macros is opened but how to choose and run
  • If stay in template window I can change the code, i.e. paste the macro I saved, so actually no need to sdave
I am sure I am doing something wrong

And another question. Can the automatically saved file be Automatically calibrated?
The export is easy

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 7:45 PM, Jeffrey Warren <je...@publiclab.org> wrote:
I saw your posted spectra -- looks good!

Jeffrey Warren

Jun 23, 2015, 12:07:24 PM6/23/15
to plots-spe...@googlegroups.com, Roni Segoly, Sreyanth

Oops, ccing Sreyanth.

Jeffrey Warren

Jun 25, 2015, 5:34:25 PM6/25/15
to plots-spe...@googlegroups.com, Roni Segoly, Sreyanth
Roni, you had asked about automatic calibration -- actually, the API specifies a spectrum_id to clone a calibration from. So if you calibrate, you can enter that at the top of the macro (just after line 6 would work): https://gist.github.com/jywarren/4945996#file-periodic-js-L6

$W.calibration_id
= x

However, it's set up to just use the calibration currently set on the Capture interface. You'll notice that my test run are all calibrated: http://spectralworkbench.org/spectrums/53033

Jeff