Re: Spectralworkbench accessing front cam only

Bryan

Mar 25, 2015, 1:22:51 AM3/25/15
to mike andro, plots-spe...@googlegroups.com, w...@publiclab.org
Including Public Lab's spectrometry mailing list. Perhaps someone there will be able to help with the Samsung Galaxy S5 camera selection problem.
-Bryan

On Wed, Mar 25, 2015 at 12:37 AM, mike andro <mandr...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi would appreciate some help.  Prior tobuilding the desktop version I wanted to test out the simple cell phone design.....but when I try to use spectralworkbench on my Samsung galaxy s5 via chrome, the program accesses my front camera and there is no option I can see to switch to rear facing can. Am I missing something obvious? Can someone provide any input?

Jeffrey Warren

Mar 25, 2015, 10:27:40 AM3/25/15
to plots-spe...@googlegroups.com, plot...@googlegroups.com, mike andro, w...@publiclab.org
Hi -- this is an unresolved bug we haven't made progress on recently; https://github.com/publiclab/spectral-workbench/issues/57

(formerly, and with more detail, at https://github.com/jywarren/spectral-workbench/issues/248, but the two are linked together)

Basically, Chrome has it's own way of changing webcam selection via a JavaScript call, and while we implemented it, it seems only to work on Chrome Desktop and not Chrome for Android.

If anyone is able to attempt a fix on this, it would be *deeply* appreciated.

Jeff

--
Post to this group at plots-sp...@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "plots-spectrometry" group.

Jeffrey Warren

Mar 25, 2015, 10:28:15 AM3/25/15
to plots-spe...@googlegroups.com, plot...@googlegroups.com, mike andro, w...@publiclab.org
Oh, and I almost forgot - the workaround is to use Firefox or Opera for Android.