5 MB File size limit ?

manu f

May 18, 2016, 3:56:14 AM5/18/16
to plots-infrared
Hello All,

I am new to near IR picture.
I live in France.
I bought the infragram filter kit and now I try to process my picure with the online tool.

The problem is: I have an error message File too big, 5MB max when I try to upload my raw pics! (my raw pics are 17 MB)

So is there really a file size limit or??, because with a 12 M pixel sensor, its not possible to obtain a 5MB file size!! and I dont know wich camera is able to produce 5MB raw file..

Thanks

Emmanuel

Jeffrey Warren

May 18, 2016, 10:29:19 AM5/18/16
to manu f, plots-infrared
Hi, Emmanuel - 17mb is pretty big for a web-based app; perhaps you should try the downloadable Photo Monitoring Plugin which Ned Horning's created? https://publiclab.org/wiki/photo-monitoring-plugin

--
Post to this group at plots-i...@googlegroups.com

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "plots-infrared" group.

Jeffrey Warren

May 18, 2016, 10:40:00 AM5/18/16
to manu f, plots-i...@googlegroups.com
I think many, if not most folks are recording JPG, although I imagine many of those who are doing more advanced analysis have switched to RAW. But there's no such limit for client-side JavaScript processing, and I'm not sure what's generating the error -- can you post a screenshot? The Infragram.org software is not maintained, but maybe we can remove an artificial limit...

Thanks!

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 10:36 AM, manu f <e.fia...@gmail.com> wrote:
Yes, I will.
But I was very surprised by this limit, because witch modern camera could produce a 5MB max size raw file?, my canon sensor is 12 Mpix, it's not so big  ...

Thanks for your answer!