Re: Infragram

Chris Fastie

Feb 5, 2015, 11:04:16 AM2/5/15
to plot...@googlegroups.com, dbe...@gmail.com, plots-i...@googlegroups.com, grassroo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dave,

Your NGB photo looks like it will produce a nice NDVI image. I made this one in Fiji:

I think something similar can be done at infragram.org, but I'm not sure how to do it. Fiji allows you to stretch the histograms of the blue and red channels and infragram.org does not. You can stretch the histograms before submitting to infragram.org and maybe replicate the image above. Or you can use Fiji.

The Public Lab store sells an IR converted Mobius Actioncam which weighs only 38 grams so can fly on just about anything. It has a timelapse mode.

Chris

On Thursday, February 5, 2015 at 9:37:54 AM UTC-5, David Behr wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to analyse with NDVI map a NIR,G,B image captured by a converted Canon SX260, but not sure as to how to set the parameters.

Which cameras do you sell for producing NDVI analysis of crops ? can the camera be mounted on a Phantom (from DJI) drone ? does it have time-lapse ?

Can you pls. assist?

Enclosed is the image,

Regards,
Dave

Chris Fastie

Feb 5, 2015, 4:40:39 PM2/5/15
to plots-i...@googlegroups.com, dbe...@gmail.com, grassroo...@googlegroups.com
Dave,

Here is the dialog from the Fiji Photo Monitoring Plugin:

The values 0 to 255 represent NDVI values from -1 to +1. Green plants should generally be between 0.2 and 0.8.

Here is a research note about my Mobius with a Wratten 25A filter on a short quadcopter flight.

Chris