NDVI Pictures with Midopt DB660/850 filter: Help Please

TheDroneTeacher

May 20, 2016, 4:33:49 PM5/20/16
to plots-infrared
Hi All

I modified my Canon Powershot SX280—Took out the hot mirror and put in the Midopt DB660/850 filter. Camera works and focus’ fine.

My question:

Using the Fiji / ImageJ software, I can't get the normal NDVI color output which is green, yellow, and red. Below are unprocessed and processed photos.

Any help would be appreciated.

Chris Fastie

May 20, 2016, 6:43:15 PM5/20/16
to plots-infrared
  1. You might want to try the NDVI_VGYRM lut which is available at the GitHub page where you got the plugin or here: https://publiclab.org/wiki/photo-monitoring-plugin
  2. With the DB660/850 filter the channel for red is red and the channel for IR is blue.
  3. If you are not calibrating the process you might want to set a custom white balance while filling the frame with something very red in reddish light.

Chris