Fwd: Join Us for Propeller's Fall Water Workshop Series

1 view

Shannon Dosemagen

Sep 15, 2016, 11:45:08 AM9/15/16
to plots-g...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Andrea Chen
Date: Thursday, September 15, 2016
Subject: Join Us for Propeller's Fall Water Workshop Series
To: sha...@publiclaboratory.org

Is this email not displaying correctly? View it in your browser.
Propeller: A Force for Social Innovation

Upcoming
 Water Workshops @ Propeller

Developing Water Literacy in our Region

Wednesday, September 28, 5 — 7 PM
Propeller, 4035 Washington Ave.

The importance of developing water literacy in children is a key component in building our region’s understanding of water management in order to face future challenges. This workshop will focus on local efforts to build water literacy and engage our communities in water management beyond the classroom.

Panelists:
Aron Chang and Claire Anderson, Ripple Effect
Jennifer Roberts, Sewerage & Water Board of New Orleans
Maria Brodine, Groundwork New Orleans
Dinah Maygarden, UNO Director of Coastal Education Program / Mississippi River Delta Educational Initiative

RSVP
LEARN MORE

Emerging Issues Following the 2016 Floods

Wednesday, October 19, 5 — 7 PM
Propeller, 4035 Washington Ave.

This workshop will explore some of the emerging issues following the flooding in March of 2016 and the more recent flooding in August. As the losses from the flooding are tallied it is becoming clear that many of the impacts were outside of the mapped floodplain, and that the scale of losses will make recovery a long and complex process. The flooding has sparked conversations regarding the current standards in place, the need for watershed scale planning, and how to reduce the impacts from future flood events. This workshop will focus on lessons learned from these events and opportunities to implement best practices during the recovery.

RSVP
LEARN MORE

Integrating Resilience into City Operations

Monday, November 14, 5 — 7 PM
Propeller, 4035 Washington Ave.

With Chief Resilience Officer Jeffrey Hebert stepping into the role of Chief Administrative Officer for the City of New Orleans, is there an opportunity to embed resilience efforts into the daily operations of the City? How has Jefferson Parish’s Stormwater Management Advisory Committee helped integrate stormwater best practices into parish projects? This workshop will explore how resilience and best practices in water management can become operationalized in local government.

RSVP
LEARN MORE

For more information on Propeller's Water Programming, please contact Ginny Hanusik at ghanusik@GoPropeller.org

ABOUT PROPELLER
Propeller drives social, environmental, and economic impact in New Orleans by incubating ventures that have the potential to solve our city’s most pressing issues. Our vision is to build a critical mass of entrepreneurs tackling key challenges in our issue areas of food security, water, healthcare, and education in order to make significant change for underserved individuals.

4035 Washington Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70125

Visual Communication and E-mail Marketing by
Line 58

--
Shannon Dosemagen
Public Laboratory for Open Technology and Science