Announcing OpenHour

1 view

Stevie Lewis

Nov 1, 2016, 4:30:35 PM11/1/16
Hello!
Monday, November 7th at 1:00pm ET (-4 GMT) Public Lab will be hosting an OpenHour on celebrating "new contributors to open source code." Recently, Public Lab has had a number of people who are coding for the first time making substantial contributions! New tools and ideas such as "First Timers Only" github issues have helped to bring new coders in, but we're looking to learn and share more!

- What helps to makes new code contribution easy?
- What have First Time Coders contributed to the publiclab.org codebase?
- How can we engage non-coders to help on questions such as design interface?
- How else can we do outreach for contributors?
- After the first commit, then what?

Collaborators at places like SpinachCon, Google Summer of Code, Outreachy and Hoodie have been taking on these challenges as well, and we're hoping to share some questions and ideas with everyone.

or
Use this call in Number: +1 408 638 0968, Meeting ID: 525 545 928

This event will be hosted on Zoom. Learn more about OpenHour at www.publiclab.org/openhour

Stevie Lewis

Nov 2, 2016, 1:57:22 PM11/2/16
to plots-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi there!
Liz and I will be hosting this OpenHour in person at the Warehouse. Come join us at 3014 Dauphine Street New Orleans for the event.
-Stevie

Stevie Lewis

Nov 6, 2016, 6:18:06 PM11/6/16
Hello!
Reminder for OpenHour Monday talking about "New contributions to open source coding." Join on at 1pm ET/ 12 central here: https://zoom.us/j/525545928 or call in  +1 408 638 0968, Meeting ID: 525 545 928

Talk to you soon!