Hurricane Discussion notes and post

Stevie Lewis

Sep 20, 2017, 3:56:34 PM9/20/17
to plots-g...@googlegroups.com, em...@letshatch.me, wbs...@xulu.edu, vas...@aol.com, russel...@gmail.com, smo...@tulane.edu, Hilairie Schackai, saba...@nola.gov
Hello,
I wanted to pass along notes and a write up on the Hurricane Preparedness Dinner and Discussion from Monday. Here's a post on Public Lab about the event (you can also comment on it to share ideas) and the notes from the event is linked on there as well.

Everyone from the event is now either on this google group, or if you came to the event and only wanted follow-ups from the meeting, you're CCed here so you can just follow along this thread.

Thanks again for coming and I look forward to carrying along the discussions!

Best,
Stevie

Stevie Lewis

Sep 20, 2017, 4:00:45 PM9/20/17
to plots-g...@googlegroups.com, em...@letshatch.me, smo...@tulane.edu, Hilairie Schackai, saba...@nola.gov, vas...@aol.com, wbos...@xula.edu, Russel Honore'
Hi all,
Apologies, had a few bounce backs. Should be corrected now!
-Stevie

Russel Honore'

Sep 20, 2017, 4:19:00 PM9/20/17
to Stevie Lewis, plots-g...@googlegroups.com, Hilairie Schackai, em...@letshatch.me, saba...@nola.gov, smo...@tulane.edu, vas...@aol.com, wbos...@xula.edu
No worries, thanks for the update!
--
Best Regards, LT General Russel Honore (Ret) www.generalhonore.com (404) 227-1527 See/Smell Something, Say Something, Do Something. Take a picture Call 911

mbelb...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2017, 1:33:27 PM9/21/17
to plots-GulfCoast
Thank you to everyone who attended! Water Works was happy to host. For any future information/to join our mailing list, please email me at Mir...@waterworksla.com or check out https://www.waterworksnola.com. I will also be sending a survey to attendees shortly.

Many thanks to Stevie and Klie for helping with the meeting notes!

Laura A. Mellem

Sep 25, 2017, 1:33:47 PM9/25/17
to plots-g...@googlegroups.com, em...@letshatch.me, smo...@tulane.edu, Hilairie Schackai, Sarah A. Babcock, vas...@aol.com, wbos...@xula.edu, Russel Honore'

Good afternoon, all,

Thank you to Public Lab and Water Works for hosting the dinner last week. I wanted to send details on the things Sarah Babcock (New Orleans Health Department) and I mentioned at the dinner.

NOLA Ready is the City’s emergency preparedness campaign, managed by the New Orleans Office of Homeland Security & Emergency Preparedness.

·         Our website provides preparedness tips to residents at a 5th grade reading level, with specific info for special populations: http://ready.nola.gov/. Soon, it will be trilingual (English, Spanish & Vietnamese).

·         Hurricane preparedness information is available, including City-assisted evacuation for those who need assistance evacuating: http://ready.nola.gov/plan/hurricane/

·         Seniors and people with medical & mobility needs can sign up for our Special Needs Registry. This lets us know who may need additional assistance during an emergency, including an evacuation. Call 311 to register or go to http://ready.nola.gov/plan/seniors/#registry.

·         We have an emergency alert system. Residents & businesses listed in the white & yellow pages are already registered. To receive alerts to cell phones or by email, sign up at http://ready.nola.gov/stay-connected/emergency-alerts/. You can also subscribe to receive preparedness information year-round.

·         Downloadable guides are available. Organizations can also order printed guides to distribute: http://ready.nola.gov/stay-connected/guides/

·         We are available to provide emergency preparedness trainings on topics like hurricane preparedness, flood mitigation & insurance, active shooter preparedness, etc. We’ll work with you to customize to your needs.

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. We’ll be happy to participate in any future events as well.

Best,

Laura

Laura A. Mellem

Public Engagement Manager, NOLA Ready

New Orleans Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness

1300 Perdido Street  |  Suite 9W03  |  New Orleans, LA 70112

lame...@nola.gov  |  504-658-8744  (o)  |  504-940-4061 (m)  |  ready.nola.gov

NOLA Ready Logo

--
Public Lab mailing lists (http://publiclab.org/lists) are great for discussion, but to get attribution, open source your work, and make it easy for others to find and cite your contributions, please publish your work at http://publiclab.org
---

Anne Ohri

Sep 26, 2017, 8:28:44 AM9/26/17
to plots-g...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much for this clear and well written synopsis of the event. I was so glad I attended and look forward to continuing the partnership as we move forward.

Our farm in Plaquemines Parish is always available for events should you want to use it.

Harmoniously,
Anne Nichol Ohri

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 2:56 PM, Stevie Lewis <ste...@publiclab.org> wrote:

--
Public Lab mailing lists (http://publiclab.org/lists) are great for discussion, but to get attribution, open source your work, and make it easy for others to find and cite your contributions, please publish your work at http://publiclab.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "plots-GulfCoast" group.

Miriam Belblidia

Sep 26, 2017, 8:53:43 AM9/26/17
to plots-g...@googlegroups.com, em...@letshatch.me, smo...@tulane.edu, Hilairie Schackai, Sarah A. Babcock, vas...@aol.com, wbos...@xula.edu, Russel Honore', Klie Kliebert, Alessandra Jerolleman
Hi all,

Many thanks to you for coming to this event! It was a great discussion and I will be following up this week with next steps.

Laura -- thank you for these resources! I would love to chat with you offline about hosting an emergency preparedness training.  I think that could be great for Water Works/Water Collaborative to offer, and we'd love to partner with you.

Anne -- you know I love any excuse to come visit your farm down in Plaquemines! Let's talk baby goats soon :)

Cheers,
Miriam

Public Lab mailing lists (http://publiclab.org/lists) are great for discussion, but to get attribution, open source your work, and make it easy for others to find and cite your contributions, please publish your work at http://publiclab.org
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "plots-GulfCoast" group.

Miriam S. Belblidia, CFM
mbelb...@gmail.com

Russel Honore'