try at Wetland Watchers again!

Stevie Lewis

Jul 7, 2015, 8:44:26 AM7/7/15
to plots-g...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,
We had an eventful day for the mapping picnic and despite multiple efforts and remarkable teamwork (people, jet skis, kayaks, canoes, lost camera, fallen kites etc!) we did not manage to capture any good images of the wetland site at Wetland Watchers Park.
I would still love to grab this site! Is anyone interested in venturing out there to try to map it again? Need at least two other people to get a good kite/balloon team going!

-Stevie

Tara Reese

Jul 7, 2015, 10:12:05 AM7/7/15
to plots-g...@googlegroups.com
Depends when you all decide - we may be able to come this Sat after 11or Sunday.

Tara Reese

Sent from my iPhone
--
Public Lab mailing lists (http://publiclab.org/lists) are great for discussion, but to get attribution, open source your work, and make it easy for others to find and cite your contributions, please publish your work at http://publiclab.org
---

Di Leonardo, Diana R

Jul 7, 2015, 10:17:42 AM7/7/15
to plots-g...@googlegroups.com

I’ll go, but I’m busy this weekend.

Diana

Diana Di Leonardo

Earth and Environmental Sciences

Lab Technician

Departmental Safety Representative

Stanley Thomas 224: (504) 862-3271

Sediment Dynamics Lab: (504) 862-8378

ddil...@tulane.edu

Stevie Lewis

Jul 7, 2015, 10:41:44 AM7/7/15
to plots-g...@googlegroups.com
Ok, lets try for this weekend (sorry Diana another time!) Anyone else available?

Kevin Centanni

Jul 7, 2015, 11:02:18 AM7/7/15
to plots-g...@googlegroups.com
Depending on the day/time I may be available this weekend as well.

-kpc

Stevie Lewis

Jul 7, 2015, 1:04:56 PM7/7/15
to plots-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kevin,
Does Saturday after 11 work for you?
-Stevie

Kevin Centanni

Jul 7, 2015, 2:10:23 PM7/7/15
to plots-g...@googlegroups.com
Actually, I was mistaken.  I am NOT available this weekend.  But it sounds like my sister, niece, nephew are.  I’ll see if I can recruit anyone else.

-kpc

Miriam Belblidia

Jul 7, 2015, 2:50:57 PM7/7/15
to plots-g...@googlegroups.com
I'd love to join y'all -- I'm available after noon on Saturday!

Stevie Lewis

Jul 7, 2015, 6:50:12 PM7/7/15
to plots-g...@googlegroups.com

great!! Is it easiest to meet at the park or at Propeller?

Grace Cagle

Jul 8, 2015, 1:11:57 PM7/8/15
to plots-g...@googlegroups.com, ste...@publiclab.org
I can make it this Saturday! Meeting at the park works best for me. I'll be driving from Baton Rouge if anyone wants to carpool.

Grace Cagle

Graduate Student
Department of Environmental Science
School of Coast and Environment
Louisiana State University

Scott Eustis

Jul 8, 2015, 1:40:13 PM7/8/15
to plots-g...@googlegroups.com, stevie
Hey all.

We've had a lot of trouble with the wind for the past 4 or 5 mapping events, because we have waiting too long to start.

Kenner weather station closest to Wetland Watchers

Generally, the wind picks up around noon.  If we start around 9am at wetland watchers, i'm sure we can get good imagery with the balloon.  Otherwise, it will be like the last three times, when either the wind has been blowing in the wrong direction, or has been blowing too hard to get up.

This has been an issue at the Bienvenue site as well-- we've been successful when we launch in the morning, but not when we launch so late.

also, it's flipping hot out!  I will come, and be prepared to swim in the Spillway....

Is anyone interested in meeting me at Propeller at 0830am Sat or Wetland Watchers for 0900am to fly?

I pack my own canoe....

text me;  504 237 0323

Scott

Scott Eustis
504 484 9599

Public Lab mailing lists are great for discussions, but to get attribution, open source your work, and make it easy for others to find and cite your contributions, register for the website, and describe your work in a research note.

Di Leonardo, Diana R

Jul 8, 2015, 3:51:56 PM7/8/15
to plots-g...@googlegroups.com

I can meet you at Propeller at 8:30.  I agree that this is the right way to go.

Diana Di Leonardo

Earth and Environmental Sciences

Lab Technician

Departmental Safety Representative

Stanley Thomas 224: (504) 862-3271

Sediment Dynamics Lab: (504) 862-8378

ddil...@tulane.edu

Di Leonardo, Diana R

Jul 8, 2015, 3:52:40 PM7/8/15
to plots-g...@googlegroups.com

Also do we have better gloves for this time? I’d rather not get blisters…

Diana Di Leonardo

Earth and Environmental Sciences

Lab Technician

Departmental Safety Representative

Stanley Thomas 224: (504) 862-3271

Sediment Dynamics Lab: (504) 862-8378

ddil...@tulane.edu

Scott Eustis

Jul 8, 2015, 4:24:05 PM7/8/15
to plots-g...@googlegroups.com
I'll make sure i bring my leather gloves....

Miriam Belblidia

Jul 9, 2015, 6:26:12 AM7/9/15
to plots-g...@googlegroups.com, eust...@gmail.com
I'll try to make it out at 8:30 on Saturday -- my only conflict is that I'm supposed to be somewhere around 10, so would have to duck out early.

Stevie Lewis

Jul 10, 2015, 2:38:50 PM7/10/15
to plots-g...@googlegroups.com, Scott Eustis
Ok all, for those who can go early, lets meet at 8:30 at Propeller or 9:00 at the park. We'll probably be there mapping until around 12 or 1, so if you're up for helping out but can't come til later, swing by then. Feel free to call us to meet up (603.273.7027).

Really hoping to grab this site! Last site last chance!
-Stevie