3D printing demo/show-and-tell for teens

Dan Henry

Feb 13, 2015, 1:07:42 PM2/13/15
to plots-g...@googlegroups.com
Folks,
I am participating in my public library's Teen Tech Week by offering several demos of 3D printing at several libraries in New Orleans.  The audience is teenagers, so I'm looking for some good advice on what might be effective and interesting to do with them.

I will have only one printer, and about an hour to do the demo/workshop.  I had the very good suggestion from Dan Beaver to have the kids "build" a cube with an icing squeeze bottle on a graham cracker, which I will definitely steal.

I also planned to have the machine build something small and quick, and maybe have printed take-aways for them (I have no idea how many kids will attend).

Also - Dan Beaver:
Stevie noted she doesn't think there is any plastic wire with the printers she has - do you know if any still remains at Public Labs offices?

Thanks all,
Dan Henry

Dan Beavers

Feb 15, 2015, 12:32:22 AM2/15/15
to plots-g...@googlegroups.com
All of the printers came with a spool of black and a spool of white
filament. Someone could have separated the printers and filament and I
would not know about it.

The quickest thing I have found to print is a 9 volt battery cover.
Practically no one seems to want one though.

Dan Beaver_s_ :-)