Fwd: [makers of no] Makers of NO Big Announcement!

Scott Eustis

Aug 2, 2016, 2:40:06 PM8/2/16
to plots-g...@googlegroups.com

For those of you in New Orleans

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alba Huddleston <albahud...@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Aug 1, 2016 at 4:03 PM
Subject: [makers of no] Makers of NO Big Announcement!
To: makers of no <makers...@googlegroups.com>

Hello Everyone,

On behalf of The Makers of NO, I have some exciting news! As you know, for the past few years our organization has aimed to provide a space where people can meet, learn, build and have fun in a collaborative Maker friendly environment. During this time, we realized there is a need to have a real community-based Makerspace in New Orleans, and a better structure to our organization.

After careful consideration, months of discussion and feedback from trusted advisers, we have decided to move out of our Entrescan location and open our very own community Makerspace, which will be located inside ArtEgg studios in Central City. Our goal for this new venture is to provide members of all skill sets extended access to a workshop where they can share knowledge & tools and pursue creative projects at the intersection of art, technology, science, and culture.

What does this mean to you? Well, we need your Feedback and your Help!

We are excited about this new venture and probably have as many questions as you do! Our organization exists because of your support, and we need your help building our new space and figuring out how to make it grow. For that, we ask that you please join us for our very first ‘All Hands’ Makers of NO meeting at our new location.

  • When: Wednesday, August 3rd 2016
  • Time: 7pm – 10pm
  • Address: Studio 125 inside ArtEgg Studios - 1001 S Broad St, New Orleans, LA 70125 (There will be a sign at the door with a security code to let you in).

What to expect:
-       Tour of our new studio space (which consist of mostly four bare walls and some equipment) and ArtEgg’s facilities and working areas.
-       Update about our plans for the future, our weekly meetups and membership/ access to our community workshop.
-       Lots of brainstorming and conversation about building stuff

-       Actual building of stuff

-       Pizza and beer

Feel free to send any questions or comments my way. I hope you can make it, and look forward to seeing you this Wednesday!

Cheers,

-Alba

--
http://makersofno.la
---

Scott Eustis
504 484 9599

Public Lab mailing lists are great for discussions, but to get attribution, open source your work, and make it easy for others to find and cite your contributions, register for the website, and describe your work in a research note.