Mardi Gras Pass balloon mapping event in August! Who's interested?

Lauren Sullivan

Jul 31, 2015, 9:10:16 PM7/31/15
to plots-g...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gulf Coast Public Lab!

Who's interested in doing a balloon mapping of Mardi Gras Pass in Point a la Hatch (http://thelensnola.org/2014/07/11/two-year-old-breach-in-mississippi-river-could-be-formally-named-mardi-gras-pass/)?  We'll meet at City Park and drive in one or two cars down to the end of Hwy 15 (I can fit 5 in my car).  The river is very high.  It's not safe to boat or kayak in the pass right now, so we'll map from foot.  Bring appropriate field clothes and protective gear (knee boots, long pants, long shelves, hat, bug spray, sunscreen).  We'll also work on wetland plant and animal ID skills!  Public Lab will provide water, gatorade, and lunch.

Here's a few dates that work for me:
Wednesday August 5
Saturday August 8
Saturday August 22
Sunday August 23
Saturday August 29

Which dates work for you?

--
Lauren Rae Sullivan
Graduate Student - Wetland Wildlife Ecology Lab