Mon May 7 - Balloon mapping the Saugus Landfill

조회수 17회
읽지 않은 첫 메시지로 건너뛰기

kanarinka

읽지 않음,
2012. 4. 26. 오전 9:47:3012. 4. 26.
받는사람 plots-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Plots Boston -

My MIT class is going to be doing a balloon/kite mapping of the Saugus
Landfill on Monday May 7th afternoon and I'd like to invite interested
folks to join us. We are building on the work of Pablo Rey who is a
researcher at the Civic Media group at the MIT Media Lab and our goal
is to get some infrared imagery of the landfill. Here's some of the
previous work that Pablo has done on the site:

http://meipi.org/cambridgewaste.map.php?id_entry=9 +
http://publiclaboratory.org/notes/warren/1-3-2012/progress-nrg-compositing-mapknitter
+ http://basurama.org/transtrash/2011/10/19/saugus-ash-landfill-map/

There are a couple ways to join:
We will meet at the MIT Media Lab at 12:45PM and carpool from there.
We have two cars and no more space in them but you are welcome to
caravan with us in your car/zipcar.

Meet at the Landfill site at 1:30PM. The landfill is located at 100
Salem Turnpike, Saugus, MA. You can easily get there via public
transit by going to the Haymarket T stop on the orange line and then
taking either the 450 or or 455 bus to the corner of Salem Turnpike &
Ballard St. (About 20 mins on the bus once you catch it)

Jeff and Pablo will give a brief overview of mapping and this specific
site as we begin.

If you get lost or are late or have any questions feel free to email,
call or text me - Catherine D'Ignazio - 617-501-2441.

Hope to see you there,
Catherine

www.kanarinka.com    ||    kana...@ikatun.org    ||    617-501-2441

Jeffrey Warren

읽지 않음,
2012. 4. 26. 오전 10:21:3312. 4. 26.
받는사람 plots-...@googlegroups.com
Previous images we got at this site and maps are here:

Map from Revere Beach station to the landfill: http://g.co/maps/2krs3

And some links Pablo sent last time we mapped at this site:

... interesting links about this landfill in particular:

http://www.mass.gov/dep/recycle/solid/wheels.htm
Lots of info on lead, mercury, particulates, etc for this site: http://www.mass.gov/dep/recycle/solid/wheelspr.htm

Jeff

kanarinka

읽지 않음,
2012. 5. 4. 오전 11:28:3512. 5. 4.
받는사람 plots-...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone -

Just a reminder that we are doing the mapping of the Saugus Landfill
this coming Monday - Hope to see you there! I've pasted the details
for joining us below in this email. Feel free to text/call me with
questions at any point - 617-501-2441.
------------------------------------
There are a couple ways to join:
We will meet at the MIT Media Lab at 12:45PM and carpool from there.
We have two cars and no more space in them but you are welcome to
caravan with us in your car/zipcar.

Meet at the Landfill site at 1:30PM. The landfill is located at 100
Salem Turnpike, Saugus, MA. You can easily get there via public
transit by going to the Haymarket T stop on the orange line and then
taking either the 450 or or 455 bus to the corner of Salem Turnpike &
Ballard St. (About 20 mins on the bus once you catch it)

Catherine

www.kanarinka.com    ||    kana...@ikatun.org    ||    617-501-2441

전체답장
작성자에게 답글