API Key Authorization

Ben Weinstein

Jan 11, 2015, 7:06:24 PM1/11/15
to plos-api-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Just to document - the api key registration page is down. Does anyone know when it lasted worked?

The sign in button in top left here: http://alm.plos.org/

and any other googling in trying to sign in to get an api key.

This is in reference to using the api for downloading metadata into R using packages developed over at ROpenSci.

Any thoughts welcome,

Ben

Martin Fenner

Jan 12, 2015, 7:41:08 AM1/12/15
to plos-api-...@googlegroups.com
Ben,

the API registration at http://alm.plos.org via the PLOS account still works for me, and I haven’t heard other people reporting problems. Please post further details, e.g. a screenshot, in the Lagotto discussion form at http://discuss.lagotto.io so that we can work out your problems. The discussion forum is the really the best place for any questions related to ALM and the ALM API.

On a related note, API keys are no longer required for the ALM API for most requests since the 3.12.7 release last Friday. Scott Chamberlain is working on an update of the rOpenSci package. Using a „fake“ API key doesn’t work - if you provide an API key that key will be checked.

Best,

Martin