Error creating initial local user 3.1.1 & 3.2

Santiago M

Jul 6, 2014, 6:25:28 AM7/6/14
to plos-api-...@googlegroups.com
Dear members,

in the journal in which I work are deployment ALM metrics server for our papers.

Manual installation works well although we noticed some small errors in the instructions. I hope to dedicate a small post to indicate the details to the community.

We want to work with admin local user without Mozilla Person. We tested with Mozilla Person and working properly but we need only an account of local administration.

In version 3.1.1 we could create the first account locally, via "users/sign_up" we always returned the error "500 Internal server error". In version 3.2 through "/users /sign_up" I try to create the first user, the form returns the mistake that the username and name field can not be empty. I attach a screen capture

Please, is there any other way to create a local admin account manually?

Thanks in advance

Santiago
error.png

Martin Fenner

Jul 6, 2014, 6:58:13 AM7/6/14
to plos-api-...@googlegroups.com
Santiago,

thank you for reporting this bug. It is caused by enhanced security settings that were introduced a few weeks ago (using the strong_parameters Ruby gem), and not double-checking the local creation of user accounts. I have created a ticket on Github (https://github.com/articlemetrics/alm/issues/77) and have pushed a fix to the master branch.

Installing the latest version from the master branch should fix this, otherwise please report here or in the Github issue tracker (https://github.com/articlemetrics/alm/issues/77).

Kind regards,

Martin
<error.png>

Santiago M

Jul 6, 2014, 12:19:42 PM7/6/14
to plos-api-...@googlegroups.com
Dear Martin

thank you very much for your quick reply and code patch. Now works fine.

Best regards!