efficiency question

/\/\arekg

May 31, 2011, 7:29:05 AM5/31/11
to Plivo Users
Dear Plivians,

Question I'm asking is maybe trivial, but since I'm not coder (some
other side of IT), I'm not able to answer by myself.

My target need is simple call processing system - something very close
to simple CallingCard, with no transcoding, which seems to be possible
to create with Plivo (if, as said, even CallCenter is possible).

Question is about how efficient it can be in terms of concurrent calls
- is it possible to reach efficiency of FreeSWITCH, which can reach
thousands concurrent calls by one server box (anybody knows latest
benchmarks ?).

I do realize, that billing app should be some other story - any
suggestion which one could be efficient enough ?

Any indication for potential developers will be very welcomed.

Regards,
/\/\arekg

Venky

May 31, 2011, 7:35:45 AM5/31/11
to plivo...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

>> Question is about how efficient it can be in terms of concurrent calls
- is it possible to reach efficiency of FreeSWITCH, which can reach
thousands concurrent calls by one server box (anybody knows latest
benchmarks ?).

## Your main concern here would be FreeSWITCH tuning if you want to reach 1000s of calls with one box. Plivo will not be your bottle neck. We are currently working on getting some benchmarks for Plivo, and will publish soon.
If you have a multicore processor, you could run multiple instances of plivo to utilize different cores and in the FreeSWITCH you could point the calls to these instances accordingly.
However, that said, I recommend you do a load tests yourself in your setup, and if you face any issues, report it back and we will have a look.

Regards
Venky

rajesh bansal

Jun 16, 2016, 9:12:12 AM6/16/16
to Plivo Opensource Users, ve...@plivo.org
Hi Guys ,

I need your help. I have a setup of Freeswitch with Plivo at a virtual machine. Here i am doing a stress test but not getting results. I want to achieve 60 CAPS with 1000 sessions.

Following are my results:

1. 40 CAPS , 5 sec call duration  -- no problem concurrent sessions shows (200-240).

2. 45 CAPS , 5 sec call duration  -- problem concurrent sessions reached upto 500 after some time should not exceed (270).

3. 40 CAPS , 10 sec call duration  -- no problem concurrent sessions shows (400-440).

4. 80 CAPS , 5 sec call (Direct file play from FS , No Plivo) - no problem.

I am not able to findout bottleneck. Can you guys please help me.

BR,
Rajesh Bansal