How to start using Plivo API ?

jiteen khera

Nov 4, 2014, 12:55:37 AM11/4/14
to plivo...@googlegroups.com
I am new to Plivo and just created an account. I got an Auth ID and Auth Token. I am using PHP as my language to work but have no knowledge on how to use it. I had gone through numerous tutorials and references but didn't got much help. Is there any running code that can be customized or anything that a starter liek me can use ?

jyoti....@emreach.com

Nov 27, 2014, 4:22:24 AM11/27/14
to plivo...@googlegroups.com

Please visit here. Here you will know how to start a call to any given number. Now there are few thing you must know:--

1) Ring URL
      It means whenever a call starts ringing freeswitch talks to plivo and requests what to do. So you give response in ring url.
2) Answer URL
     same freeswitch expects instructions from plivo on what to do with  the call when it has been answered. instructions are send through response XML and different elements are enclosed inside response elements.
3) Hangup URL
    same here

in all these urls which you can get different variables that is passed from freeswitch to plivo and then to the URL Like bill sec or UUID of the call.

Following is an example XML you can learn from this:--

<Response>
<Speak>Hello and welcome to the Initech Phone Menu</Speak>
<Speak>For business hours, press 1</Speak>
<Speak>For directions, press 2</Speak>
<Speak>To hear a duck quack, press 3</Speak>
<Speak>To speak to a receptionist, press 0</Speak>
</GetDigits>
</Response>