Turning off Voice Calls feature

Gabriel Estevez

Sep 30, 2015, 1:08:26 AM9/30/15
to Plivo Users
Is there a way of completely turning off the Voice Call feature on my plivo number? I only use Plivo for the SMS API and some people are calling back to the number they see and this is costing me money.

thanks

Nishad Musthafa

Sep 30, 2015, 1:18:58 AM9/30/15
to Plivo Users
Make the answer URL for the Number do a hangup. If this is the only element in the XML, it should not pick the call up and you won't be charged money. If that doesn't work as expected, I'd suggest reaching out to the good folks at Plivo Support (sup...@plivo.com).

On Wed, Sep 30, 2015 at 10:38 AM Gabriel Estevez <jestev...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there a way of completely turning off the Voice Call feature on my plivo number? I only use Plivo for the SMS API and some people are calling back to the number they see and this is costing me money.

thanks

Gabriel Estevez

Sep 30, 2015, 1:26:00 AM9/30/15
to plivo...@googlegroups.com
Hello

Thanks for the quickly response.

Can you tell me where I set that?, right now I'm using c# with the Rest APi , this is the code that sends the message, where exactly should I add that answer_url?

 IRestResponse<MessageResponse> response = plivo.send_message(new Dictionary<string, string>()
            {
                {"src",fromPhone},
                {"dst",toPhone},
                {"text",text},
                { "url", "http://dotnettest.apphb.com/delivery_report"}, // The URL to which with the status of the message is sent
                { "method", "POST"} // Method to invoke the url
            });

thanks

Nishad Musthafa

Sep 30, 2015, 1:36:19 AM9/30/15
to plivo...@googlegroups.com
If you go into your dashboard, you should see the tabs "Numbers" and "Applications" . Figure out which Application you've linked to your numbers, then go to that application and you should be able to change the answer url there. This mailing list is meant for the plivo opensource project. You should ideally reach out to sup...@plivo.com to have your queries answered for the plivo.com platform.

Gabriel Estevez

Sep 30, 2015, 1:45:27 AM9/30/15
to plivo...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Nishad !!!, you have been very helpful, I didn't know this mailing list was only for the open source project.