Can't edit source code files in Xamarin Studio 4.0.13

Sergey Gonchar

Nov 6, 2013, 3:46:30 PM11/6/13
to plays...@googlegroups.com
I've installed Xamaring 4.0.13
added Playscript .NET Runtime
installed PlayScriptBinding-4.0.12.mpack
when I press a key it throws an error, each time

System.MissingFieldException: "MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.Content.CompletionTextEditorExtension.EnableParameterInsight".
   в MonoDevelop.PlayScript.Completion.CSharpCompletionTextEditorExtension.KeyPress(Key key, Char keyChar, ModifierType modifier)
   в MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.Content.TextEditorExtension.KeyPress(Key key, Char keyChar, ModifierType modifier)
   в MonoDevelop.PlayScript.Formatting.CSharpTextEditorIndentation.KeyPress(Key key, Char keyChar, ModifierType modifier)
   в MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.Content.TextEditorExtension.KeyPress(Key key, Char keyChar, ModifierType modifier)
   в MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.Content.TextEditorExtension.KeyPress(Key key, Char keyChar, ModifierType modifier)
   в MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.Content.TextEditorExtension.KeyPress(Key key, Char keyChar, ModifierType modifier)
   в MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.Content.TextEditorExtension.KeyPress(Key key, Char keyChar, ModifierType modifier)
   в MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.Content.TextEditorExtension.KeyPress(Key key, Char keyChar, ModifierType modifier)
   в MonoDevelop.Ide.Gui.Content.TextEditorExtension.KeyPress(Key key, Char keyChar, ModifierType modifier)
   в MonoDevelop.Debugger.ExceptionCaughtTextEditorExtension.KeyPress(Key key, Char keyChar, ModifierType modifier)
   в MonoDevelop.SourceEditor.ExtensibleTextEditor.ExtensionKeyPress(Key key, UInt32 ch, ModifierType state)

Is the problem in 4.0.13? Where can I download 4.0.12?

Thank you!

Ben Cooley

Nov 14, 2013, 3:56:20 PM11/14/13
to plays...@googlegroups.com
Hi Sergey,

We update the plugin regularly when there are new IDE releases, usually a week or two behind.  It's always a good idea if you're using the plugins to check in THIS forum to see if we've got an update for the latest IDE before clicking the "update now" button.

In any case, if you need the latest IDE and you can't wait for our plugin update, you can just disable our plugin temporarily.  This will disable code completion and highlighting for ActionScript files, but debugging, compiling, etc. will all work just fine.

Ben Cooley

Nov 14, 2013, 3:57:44 PM11/14/13
to plays...@googlegroups.com
P.S.  We're all still using 4.0.12 right now with our current plugin.  I haven't updated because I've been working on an internal project and been slammed with tasks unrelated to the plugin suport.