Updated the Xamarin Studio plugin to the latest version 4.0.9...

Ben Cooley

Jul 8, 2013, 5:45:13 AM7/8/13
to plays...@googlegroups.com
You can download the plugin .mpack file here:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/playscript/PlayScriptBinding-4.0.9.mpack

This "should" work on both Windows and Mac.

There's been quite a bit of work done on the base libraries for the PlayScript runtime and the compiler.   We will be starting to put the compiler under the Tamarin acceptance test suite, and you'll notice there is now a playc_tests folder which includes the test suite along with a .NET test runner which will run the tests.

We've also added quite a bit of additional issues to the issues database that we've encountered with the compiler/runtime libs while we have been compiling actual real world large projects.  We have built several large projects with the compiler and where there are remaining compiler issues, we've been converting code to use simpler AS3 constructs in order to avoid the issues.

Arnoud Bos

Jul 10, 2013, 4:03:45 AM7/10/13
to plays...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ben,

that is great news! I'll give it a try.
Are you also releasing new binaries of the framework?

As an actionscript dev i'm really excited about playscript!
Thanks for open sourcing and sharing it.

Arnoud

Ben Cooley

Jul 15, 2013, 2:03:47 PM7/15/13
to plays...@googlegroups.com
Arnoud,

It's been an incredibly busy month for PlayScript...

The framework has been in heavy flux lately, due to our (Zynga's) internal development efforts.   I'll upload a new snapshot of the binaries, but just want to let you know that there is so much dev work being done in the core libraries and the compiler that the binaries will be out of date the moment they are uploaded.  It might be a good idea for you to actually get a dev build going, and actually rebuild on a fairly frequent bases (particularly when you see large numbers of bugs or issues resolved in the issues list).

Also, just an FYI.. most of the work has been concentrated around improved conformance for AS3, and expanding the support in the class libraries for game related classes, in addition to a great deal of work being done in optimizing dynamic support, and optimzing commonly used classes like Dictionary, Vector, Array, and ByteArray.   We now have multiple projects running on mobile - the earliest now at a solid 60fps, and even though these projects tend to require a bit of patching of AS3 code to be compatible with the (growing) subset of AS3 that PlayScript supports, we are pretty pleased so far with the results so far