Where has PlayScript gone?

Kevin Newman

Apr 9, 2014, 11:59:09 AM4/9/14
to plays...@googlegroups.com
The repos have disappeared. Still no word on why?

Kevin N.

IngweLand

Apr 10, 2014, 11:57:15 AM4/10/14
to plays...@googlegroups.com
I was not able to find any proved info what is going on with this library. Someone said, that it would be included in Xamarin. Lately, i read that Xamarin would be acquired by Microsoft. Personally, I can no longer trust Zynga. They simply left the community in silence, with no single word, for months.
The old versions of the Playscript can be still found in forks on Github.

Edward Silverton

Apr 13, 2014, 5:46:41 PM4/13/14
to plays...@googlegroups.com
I asked Miguel de Icaza about it on Twitter and this is his response:

https://twitter.com/migueldeicaza/status/450957065155268608

Edward Silverton

Apr 13, 2014, 5:47:49 PM4/13/14
to plays...@googlegroups.com
I'd listen to Rob Bateman and go with Haxe instead.

Luis Eduardo HD

Sep 5, 2014, 1:00:18 PM9/5/14
to plays...@googlegroups.com
Im seeing playscript seems to being integrated to mono compiler:

Angel Ernesto Anton Yebra

Sep 6, 2014, 3:09:36 PM9/6/14
to plays...@googlegroups.com
Eureka! :)

anyway, is a mess, currently Xamarin has decanted for Cocosharp http://blog.xamarin.com/introducing-cocossharp/
Playscript was a good option, but first Zynga discontinued the development and later Xamarin.