Updated Xamarin Studio Plugin for 4.0.5 and higher.

Ben Cooley

May 17, 2013, 8:42:46 PM5/17/13
to plays...@googlegroups.com
The plugin can be found here..

This works in 4.0.5 - 4.0.8.   Problems with policy conflicts with the CSharp plugin have been resolved.

Use the "Install from file.." in the addins panel to install.

IngweLand

May 18, 2013, 9:48:48 AM5/18/13
to plays...@googlegroups.com
This version works for me, even on that machine which constantly had issues previously.

Ben Cooley

May 20, 2013, 12:55:37 PM5/20/13
to plays...@googlegroups.com
Yep.   IT definitely was a conflict with the C# plugin's NamingPolicy.  Now that both policy's are int their own namespace, no more trouble.   I think we should be able to active the Add-In manager version pretty soon now that that issue is resolved.

I do also want go go a bit deeper on the completion service, as the completions for parameters not working right really annoys me.

Kevin Newman

May 25, 2013, 1:48:51 PM5/25/13
to plays...@googlegroups.com
This file seems to conflict with MonoGame, if you have that already installed. I had to remove MonoGame to get this to install without error. (I believe it was sdl.dll and a couple of others)

Kevin N.

Kevin Newman

May 26, 2013, 7:23:54 PM5/26/13
to plays...@googlegroups.com
I've tried to install that mpack on two different macs, and I must be missing a step, because I keep getting the same error in all my playscript or as files: "Unexpected symbol "package"" amongst others. I assume it's trying to compile the files as c#, and then choking on the non-c# code. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? These are my steps:

1. Install Xamarin Studio
2. Install the PlayScriptBinding-4.0.5.mpack

I have a feeling I'm missing something kind of obvious, but I can't see it. :-)

Kevin N.

IngweLand

May 26, 2013, 7:32:51 PM5/26/13
to plays...@googlegroups.com
Kevin,
Check that you are setting Build action to Compile for your AS3/Playscript files. This is not set by default yet (if I am not mistaken; But I remember there are plans to fix this in the future).

Kevin Newman

May 27, 2013, 1:01:16 PM5/27/13
to plays...@googlegroups.com
If I right click on .play files I can see they are set to Build Action -> Compile, is that what you mean?

I think the problem I'm having is that they are just getting thrown at the C# compiler/parser instead of the playscript/as3 compiler/parser. It gives me compile errors about the package keyword (amongst others).

Kevin N.

IngweLand

May 27, 2013, 1:33:18 PM5/27/13
to plays...@googlegroups.com
>>If I right click on .play files I can see they are set to Build Action -> Compile, is that what you mean?

Yes. I can not tell you for sure whether this is the reason of your issue. This was just my first guess. Anyway, be sure to set all your AS3/Play files to have Build Action = Compile.

Ben Cooley

May 31, 2013, 3:38:54 AM5/31/13
to plays...@googlegroups.com
If you haven't set your framework to the PlayScript framework, you'll get those problems.  I usually have to exit the IDE and then re-start it to make sure it's switched.

Edward Silverton

Aug 5, 2013, 6:08:56 AM8/5/13
to plays...@googlegroups.com
I'm getting the attached error when installing the add-in.
Screen Shot 2013-08-05 at 11.03.18.png

Kevin Newman

Aug 5, 2013, 2:37:03 PM8/5/13
to plays...@googlegroups.com
I never got that specific error, but I did get a different error caused by a conflict with another plugin. In my case it was MonoGame, and uninstalling that resolved the problem.

It could also be a compatibility issue with Xamarin's recent move to Mono 3.x (I haven't tested yet).

Kevin N.

Ben Cooley

Aug 7, 2013, 12:40:49 AM8/7/13
to plays...@googlegroups.com
We've just noticed that the plugin needs to be updated for 4.0.11.   I'll be doing that in the next day or two.

Quite a bit easier to get all of this work done now that we are all full time on PlayScript.

Ben Cooley

Aug 7, 2013, 12:41:46 AM8/7/13
to plays...@googlegroups.com
Might be that you've updated to 4.0.11.  It seems something has been broken since our update to 4.0.10.

Edward Silverton

Aug 7, 2013, 6:20:17 AM8/7/13
to plays...@googlegroups.com
I've got 4.0.10 (build 4)