Invoking FramePacker from Maven?

Paul Gestwicki

May 14, 2015, 6:34:26 PM5/14/15
to pl...@googlegroups.com
Can anyone share an example of how to use the TriplePlay FramePacker as part of a build process? My use case is the obvious one: I have a directory of images that I would like to combine into one at build time, and then read from that one using TriplePlay's PackedFrames at runtime.

Michael Bayne

May 16, 2015, 11:37:25 AM5/16/15
to pl...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, May 14, 2015 at 3:34 PM, Paul Gestwicki <paul.ge...@gmail.com> wrote:
Can anyone share an example of how to use the TriplePlay FramePacker as part of a build process? My use case is the obvious one: I have a directory of images that I would like to combine into one at build time, and then read from that one using TriplePlay's PackedFrames at runtime.

That stuff is unfortunately not currently well organized to be integrated into a build. I need to rearrange the tripleplay project structure because right now the tools submodule is not even generating an artifact due some other Maven Plugin code having been jammed in there.

Once I extract that and make tools properly generate a tripleplay-tools artifact, then it would be possible at least to have a Maven plugin (like exec-maven-plugin) depend on tripleplay-tools and then invoke the FramePacker command line tool in a way that does what you need in your build. However, this will all happen on the 2.0 codebase, I don't have the time to backport all these changes to 1.x.