generate .ipa file

avazqu...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2017, 5:38:45 AM6/30/17
to PlayN
Hi All.

I have been compiling for 2 devices with different architectures (iphone5c and iphone6). I would like to know how I can generate the .ipa file for the two architectures. Currently when I compile only the .app file is generated

Thanks!!

Michael Bayne

Jun 30, 2017, 1:17:06 PM6/30/17
to pl...@googlegroups.com

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 2:38 AM, <avazqu...@gmail.com> wrote:
I have been compiling for 2 devices with different architectures (iphone5c and iphone6). I would like to know how I can generate the .ipa file for the two architectures. Currently when I compile only the .app file is generated

You need to add another section to your robovm/pom.xml file:

    <!-- mvn package -Proboipa -->

    <profile>

      <id>roboipa</id>

      <build>

        <plugins>

          <plugin>

            <groupId>org.robovm</groupId>

            <artifactId>robovm-maven-plugin</artifactId>

            <version>${robovm.maven.version}</version>

            <configuration>

              <iosSignIdentity>${ipa_app_signer}</iosSignIdentity>

              <iosProvisioningProfile>${ipa_app_cert}</iosProvisioningProfile>

              <ipaArchs>thumbv7:arm64</ipaArchs>

            </configuration>

            <executions>

              <execution>

                <phase>package</phase>

                <goals>

                  <goal>create-ipa</goal>

                </goals>

              </execution>

            </executions>

          </plugin>

        </plugins>

      </build>

    </profile>

In the ipaArchs section, put all the architectures you want to support.

Note that this relies on two build properties that you need to set in a <properties> section somewhere or load from a file (I do the latter, but it's more complicated). These will contain something like this:

<properties>
  <ipa_app_signer>iPhone Distribution: Three Rings Design (ZMQ784G55M)</ipa_app_signer>
  <ipa_app_cert>Everything App Store</ipa_app_cert>
</properties>

These will come from the names of your distribution profile and signing certificate. Hopefully you are at least somewhat familiar with the Apple App Store build process because I can't explain that twisty maze of passages to you.

Once this is in place, then run:

mvn package -Proboipa

and it will generate your .ipa files (which you can upload to the App Store) and the .dsym files that you can save for debugging and other useful stuff.

For your and everyone else's reference, this game:

has everything that is needed in place to ship to the Google Play store and the Apple App store, and is shipped and available (for free) on both of those stores. So it can serve as a useful reference if you're not sure how something works or if you're doing something wrong.