flick scroll Inertia

avazqu...@gmail.com

Jul 12, 2017, 9:23:03 AM7/12/17
to PlayN
Hi, All.

I'm doing test with the scroll component. It happens that for short flick, the scroll has very little inertia. For long flick, the scroll has a better inertia.

Is this a bug?
Is there any way to modify the inertia for short flick?

I don't know if I'm explaining well...

Thanks!
Regards!

Michael Bayne

Jul 12, 2017, 11:31:39 AM7/12/17
to pl...@googlegroups.com
Are you testing on desktop or phone/touchscreen? On phone a short flick tends to generate a lot more velocity due to the way your finger interacts. The flicking code is tuned for touch screens not mouse, since flicking with the mouse is not a normal UI gesture.

--

---

avazqu...@gmail.com

Michael Bayne

Jul 13, 2017, 10:49:55 AM7/13/17
to pl...@googlegroups.com
It's possible that you're flicking less than the click distance, which on that particular code seems to be set rather high as a default (15 pixels). There is currently no way to supply custom configuration to the code that handles the flicking logic, but I'll add that, so you can customize it.

Michael Bayne

Jul 13, 2017, 11:24:53 AM7/13/17
to pl...@googlegroups.com
I added the ability to configure the XYFlicker parameters which control how the Scroller scrolls, but I also eliminated some pointless checks it was doing that should make small flicks behave a bit more as expected, so you might not end up needing to tune the parameters.

avazqu...@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2017, 7:43:44 AM7/14/17
to PlayN
Thanks so much.

I just tried the tripleplayn test and it seems to work better. I will try to modify the parameters you say if I can find the optimal settings.

Regards!