Platform independent gallery?

Carsten Schmied

Apr 2, 2015, 5:43:08 PM4/2/15
to pl...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I would like to write a sort of gallery small thumbnails (images) which can trigger an action when clicked.

Ideally I would like to have something like a scrollpane to which I add those thumbnails. Maybe there should be some kind of visual indicator (scrollbar) that shows that more thumbnails are available then currently displayed, inviting people to do some scroll-gesture.

Is it possible to implement this just using PlayN (for iOS and Android) ?

Michael Bayne

Apr 2, 2015, 5:46:50 PM4/2/15
to pl...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 2:43 PM, Carsten Schmied <carsten...@gmail.com> wrote:
Ideally I would like to have something like a scrollpane to which I add those thumbnails. Maybe there should be some kind of visual indicator (scrollbar) that shows that more thumbnails are available then currently displayed, inviting people to do some scroll-gesture.

If you use TriplePlay UI, there's a Scroller class which does this and shows the iOS-style subtle scroll bar on the side to indicate that more scrolling is possible (and then it fades away until you actually do some scrolling).

Carsten Schmied

Apr 3, 2015, 12:31:18 PM4/3/15
to pl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. I will look into it.

I somehow have the feeling that TriplePlay UI is extremely impressive but most of the stuff I don't know about or don't understand. I read a tutorial/overview some time ago but it only scratched the surface. Is there a sequence of documents and demos one should explore in a certain order in order to understand TriplePlay UI fully?

Btw...I know the showcase and after you mentioned it I now understand Scroller ;)

Michael Bayne

Apr 3, 2015, 3:02:41 PM4/3/15
to pl...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Apr 3, 2015 at 9:31 AM, Carsten Schmied <carsten...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there a sequence of documents and demos one should explore in a certain order in order to understand TriplePlay UI fully?

Unfortunately not. Other than the demo code:

There's not much in the way of tutorial documentation.