Play 2.0 release candidate is ready!

Guillaume Bort

Feb 14, 2012, 10:18:56 AM2/14/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

We are happy to announce the first release candidate of Play 2.0, a
complete package with documentation, samples applications and
tutorial.

You can retrieve it at:

http://download.playframework.org/releases/play-2.0-RC1.zip

Make sure to checkout and experiment with the Scala/Java sample
applications included and for those who are new to Play2, you can get
hands-on with the scala/java tutorial.Please report any problems to
the issue tracker, and ask for help on the mailing list. We know that
there are still some missing high-level API that we will add in the
next minor releases.

Have fun with Play 2.0!

--
Guillaume Bort

Nicolas Leroux

Feb 14, 2012, 10:19:59 AM2/14/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Congrats!

Nicolas

Helena Hjertén

Feb 14, 2012, 10:22:04 AM2/14/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations to all of you in the Play team!. No it is really time to try out Play 2.0!
/Helena

Manuel Bernhardt

Feb 14, 2012, 10:25:52 AM2/14/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Congrats!

Justin

Feb 14, 2012, 10:26:31 AM2/14/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Good work!
I love you guys!

Drevlyanin

Feb 14, 2012, 10:35:09 AM2/14/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Great news for February 14, because I'm a little bit in love with Play 2!

Pascal Voitot Dev

Feb 14, 2012, 10:59:59 AM2/14/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Play 2.0 RC1 is also on G+ pages for those who go there like me ;)

https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/106233335814246022600/106233335814246022600/posts

regards
Pascal

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 4:35 PM, Drevlyanin <drevl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Great news for February 14, because I'm a little bit in love with Play 2!

Jason Wang

Feb 14, 2012, 10:59:51 AM2/14/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
I've read 22 pages of the documentation, it's awesome.

thank you

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Drevlyanin <drevl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Great news for February 14, because I'm a little bit in love with Play 2!

Tex

Feb 14, 2012, 11:01:48 AM2/14/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Grande !!!!!!!!!!!

Many Thanks Guillame and all Play commiters !!!

arac...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2012, 11:14:39 AM2/14/12
to play-framework
Great! *clap clap clap*

Eishay Smith

Feb 14, 2012, 11:38:52 AM2/14/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com, play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

Ben McCann

Feb 14, 2012, 11:52:36 AM2/14/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for making all your hard work available to us all!  Play 2 has some really nice improvements :-)

Korrawit Yindeeyoungyeon

Feb 14, 2012, 12:03:37 PM2/14/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Awesome ! Thanks !

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 11:52 PM, Ben McCann <benjamin...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks for making all your hard work available to us all!  Play 2 has some really nice improvements :-)

jbtbnl

Feb 14, 2012, 12:14:32 PM2/14/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Nice valentine present for the community ^_^

Ike

Feb 14, 2012, 12:33:23 PM2/14/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations to the Play development team!

I'm amazed when I look at the pace of progress in the GitHub commit logs. Many great ideas and a lot of hard work in just a short few months.

Thanks!

Daryl Teo

Feb 14, 2012, 12:34:56 PM2/14/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much. I've been playing with it for the past couple of weeks and it is quite awesome.

luiza...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2012, 12:42:18 PM2/14/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations! I'm already using in a project and I am very happy with it.

Luiz Fernando Alvino

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 2:34 PM, Daryl Teo <i....@darylteo.com> wrote:
Thank you very much. I've been playing with it for the past couple of weeks and it is quite awesome.

Oscar Kurniawan

Feb 14, 2012, 1:08:06 PM2/14/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
wow, play is awesome.

Since it is RC, it's time for me to try :D

JulioCaju

Feb 14, 2012, 1:56:00 PM2/14/12
to play-framework
Congrat, you deserve!

Júlio César

Paweł Sołtysek

Feb 14, 2012, 1:58:38 PM2/14/12
to play-framework
Great! Thanks guys.

Steven Elliott Jr

Feb 14, 2012, 2:11:36 PM2/14/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
I've been holding off on giving it a shot until it reached this point. I think it's safe now to start planning new apps with this version now! Very exciting!

Drew Kutcharian

Feb 14, 2012, 3:06:23 PM2/14/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations and thanks for all the hard work!

-- Drew

Jorge Aliss

Feb 14, 2012, 3:32:27 PM2/14/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Great! Congrats to all the team!

sas

Feb 14, 2012, 6:06:32 PM2/14/12
to play-framework
Right on schedule

you guys are amazing!

saludos

sas

Hendry Suwanda

Feb 14, 2012, 8:52:00 PM2/14/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks om :D

Pawan Kumar

Feb 14, 2012, 10:01:59 PM2/14/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Great Great Great!
A lovely framework to work with.

cheers
Pawan

Marcos Pereira

Feb 14, 2012, 11:32:02 PM2/14/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Fist of all, congratulations! This version is very polished. I'm amazed by how a lot of things have improved. Moreover, I just run in a little doubt: Is there a "Fixtures" api? I can't find how to setup data for my tests.

Kind Regards,

Daryl Teo

Feb 15, 2012, 1:19:13 AM2/15/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
What I've done is to create a "GlobalSettings" subclass object

in the onStart() method, I run a function that inserts data into my db. Not exactly a replacement for loadModelFromYaml, if that's what you were looking for. But with a little more work you can do the same thing.

ChoonKee Oh

Feb 15, 2012, 1:21:41 AM2/15/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com

Congrats man! Really your work on play 20 :)

tazmaniac

Feb 15, 2012, 4:52:58 AM2/15/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Congrats and thanks!