[play-framework] Siena: play-siena/play-crud-siena v.2.0.0 Release (support for GAE, MySQL, Postgresql, H2)

Pascal Voitot Dev

May 31, 2011, 1:20:58 PM5/31/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com, siena-...@googlegroups.com
Hello people,
After lots of work, here is the first versions of siena modules: play-siena and play-crud-siena v2.0.0 embedding new Siena v1.0.0-b3

The main new features are:
- support for SQL & NoSQL DB : GAE, MySQL, Postgresql, H2
- support for SQL DDL with on-the-fly DB alteration (in DEV Mode at least).
- support for IDs of type Long (auto-generated or manual) and String (manual or auto-generated as UUID).
- support for native Siena Models without any modification in CRUD.
- completely refactored the code based on Play1.2.1 and Siena1.0.0.
- CRUD improved with a few new features not provided by default CRUD.

Go there for the doc:
- play-siena: http://www.playframework.org/modules/siena-2.0.0/home
- play-crud-siena: http://www.playframework.org/modules/crudsiena-2.0.0/home (don't be surprised if the doc is play-siena one, I did a mistake and there is cache on play site)

This is a first version so there may be remaining issues because the functional perimeter begins to be very big with 4 databases + DDL + CRUD.
Don't hesitate to test and report issues.
I will be off for a week so don't be surprised if I don't answer to questions about Siena ;)

For information also, we have moved all Siena repo to github to homogenous:
- Siena main project is now: https://github.com/mandubian/siena
- Play-Siena main project is now: https://github.com/mandubian/play-siena
- Play-Crud-Siena main project is now: https://github.com/mandubian/play-crud-siena

And we have created a whole new Github organization for Siena: https://github.com/siena

have fun with Siena and contribute if you like it!

regards
Pascal

Rakesh Waghela

Jun 1, 2011, 12:50:00 AM6/1/11
to siena-...@googlegroups.com, play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hip Hip Hurrey !

It's June 01,And it  Begins with  Siena ! Thanks :)

Daniel Guryca

Jun 1, 2011, 4:01:07 AM6/1/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Great work Pascal ... I hope I will testdrive it soon.

Daniel

Pascal Voitot Dev

Jun 1, 2011, 5:49:00 AM6/1/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
For those who already installed Crud Siena module, please update it asap:
I found a big bug preventing from using simple Siena model (extends siena.Model) in CRUD due to some remaining parts of default play CRUD but it should be corrected now!

thanks
pascal

smallufo

Jun 1, 2011, 6:07:35 AM6/1/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hi
Do I only need to remove C:\play-1.2.1\modules\crudsiena-2.0.0 directory , and re-install it ?
Any hidden steps ?
Thanks.

Pascal Voitot Dev

Jun 1, 2011, 6:09:43 AM6/1/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 12:07 PM, smallufo <smal...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi
Do I only need to remove C:\play-1.2.1\modules\crudsiena-2.0.0 directory , and re-install it ?
Any hidden steps ?
Thanks.

no it should be enough!

Bakanis

Jun 1, 2011, 5:47:27 PM6/1/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
can someone help?

I'm trying siena-2.0.0 and crudsiena-2.0.0 test applications. In both
siena and crudsiena "samples and tests" the module path is hardcoded to
/home/pascal/work/mandubian/play/play-1.2.1/modules/siena-2.0.0 and
/home/pascal/work/mandubian/play/play-1.2.1/modules/crudsiena-2.0.0.

And despite that after the editing the path, samples do not compile and
give errors:
00:28:05,280 INFO ~ Module siena is available
(/home/tomas/bin/play/modules/siena-2.0.0)
00:28:05,281 INFO ~ Module crudsiena is available
(/home/tomas/bin/play/modules/crudsiena-2.0.0)
00:28:07,726 WARN ~ You're running Play! in DEV mode
00:28:07,964 INFO ~ Listening for HTTP on port 9000 (Waiting a first
request to start) ...
00:28:33,721 INFO ~ Connected to jdbc:h2:mem:play;MODE=MYSQL
00:28:33,769 DEBUG ~ Siena DB Type: sql:h2:mysql
00:28:33,797 DEBUG ~ Siena DDL Type: mysql
00:28:34,304 DEBUG ~ Siena DDL dev mode: update
00:28:35,074 ERROR ~

@66il108ic
Internal Server Error (500) for request GET /

Oops: NoSuchMethodError
An unexpected error occured caused by exception NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.ddlutils.Platform.getAlterModelSql(Lorg/apache/ddlutils/model/Database;Lorg/apache/ddlutils/model/Database;)Ljava/lang/String;

play.exceptions.UnexpectedException: Unexpected Error
at play.Invoker$Invocation.onException(Invoker.java:232)
at play.Invoker$Invocation.run(Invoker.java:273)
at Invocation.HTTP Request(Play!)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.ddlutils.Platform.getAlterModelSql(Lorg/apache/ddlutils/model/Database;Lorg/apache/ddlutils/model/Database;)Ljava/lang/String;
at
play.modules.siena.SienaPlugin.onApplicationStart(SienaPlugin.java:148)
at
play.plugins.PluginCollection.onApplicationStart(PluginCollection.java:408)
at play.Play.start(Play.java:463)
at play.Play.detectChanges(Play.java:563)
at play.Invoker$Invocation.init(Invoker.java:186)
... 1 more

Pascal Voitot Dev

Jun 1, 2011, 5:52:10 PM6/1/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
yes sorry for the hardcoded dirs, this is an old application.conf no needed anymore :)
the important part is in dependencies.yml

did you run "play deps" before running "play run"?

For info, you can see this CRUD example running on htp://mandubian-siena.appspot.com/admin

regards
Pascal

Pascal Voitot Dev

Jun 1, 2011, 6:12:33 PM6/1/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
IMPORTANT: for those who try play-siena v2.0.0, it's important to run "PLAY DEPS" before "PLAY RUN"!
Now we use dependency management!

Pascal

Rakesh Waghela

Jun 2, 2011, 12:35:24 AM6/2/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
I did "play dependencies" after updating the .yml file in conf directory and things work fine.. :)
The above command would connect to the internet and owuld download some jars required by Play 1.2.1 and Siena 2.0.0 !

Bakanis

Jun 2, 2011, 2:44:38 AM6/2/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Sorry I did not know. :) I've run play deps crudsiena --sync
Everything is ok. Thanks!

Pascal Voitot Dev wrote:
> yes sorry for the hardcoded dirs, this is an old application.conf no
> needed anymore :)
> the important part is in dependencies.yml
>
> did you run "play deps" before running "play run"?
>
> For info, you can see this CRUD example running on
> htp://mandubian-siena.appspot.com/admin

> <http://mandubian-siena.appspot.com/admin>

> <mailto:play-fr...@googlegroups.com>.

> play-framewor...@googlegroups.com