[2.0] Roadmap and Play 2.1

Daniel Eggert

May 10, 2012, 4:34:21 AM5/10/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Where would I find info on the Play roadmap and about when we're likely to see 2.1 released?

Daniel

ibsdevs

May 10, 2012, 4:43:59 AM5/10/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
One more question: Is an ActiveRecord-like O/R Mapper planned for Play 2.0?

Thanks...

peter hausel

May 10, 2012, 8:41:45 AM5/10/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Please see our 2.1 lighthouse milestone for more information on play 2.1:

Nick Melnick

May 10, 2012, 1:41:55 PM5/10/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Like Ebean?

Pascal Voitot Dev

May 11, 2012, 4:58:21 AM5/11/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
For info, I should try to port Siena quite soon to Play20/Java also...

Pascal

James Roper

May 11, 2012, 11:58:51 AM5/11/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Could this issue by added to the milestone:

It's a serious bug... you can't add session data to an asynchronous response in Java.

Razvan Cojocaru

May 11, 2012, 12:53:16 PM5/11/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
this is good for the list of defects - what about features? anything new - or do you track those as tickets as well and everything is there?

thanks

Kevin Bosman

May 11, 2012, 1:49:06 PM5/11/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com

> It's a serious bug... you can't add session data to an asynchronous response in Java.

The fix for this has been committed to master recently, so in all likelihood it will be included in 2.1

Eric Jain

May 11, 2012, 3:35:17 PM5/11/12
to play-framework
On May 11, 10:49 am, Kevin Bosman <ke...@gosh.co.za> wrote:
> The fix for this has been committed to master recently, so in all
> likelihood it will be included in 2.1

Is there a time frame for 2.1, or plans for a 2.0.2?

Guillaume Bort

May 12, 2012, 5:57:37 AM5/12/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Yes there will be a 2.0.2

peter hausel

Oct 15, 2012, 3:43:32 PM10/15/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
My guess is that 2.1 will be released this year but we do not have a specific release date yet.

On Monday, October 15, 2012 10:49:31 AM UTC-4, Keuller Magalhaes wrote:
I found this link with a features list https://github.com/playframework/Play20/wiki/2.1-roadmap, but I not found release date for this milestone.

Anyone knows how it will be released ?

sas

Oct 17, 2012, 10:47:36 AM10/17/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
just a couple of questions about the roadmap

- do you think slick integration wil make it to 2.1? or we shall wait for 2.2, as says in the roadmap...

- did you consider changing the namespaces from play.api to play.scala and the rest to play.java?
Even though I understand how annoying it might be, I think it would be more consistent

- are you planning to better integrate swagger? I think it would be an excellent addition to the stack

saludos

sas

ps: Thanks a lot for your efforts and keep up the great work you're doing

Guillaume Bort

Oct 17, 2012, 1:52:15 PM10/17/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> - do you think slick integration wil make it to 2.1? or we shall wait for 2.2, as says in the roadmap...

Yes you will be able to use Slick with Play 2.1, although there is no special "integration" between slick and Play. But there is no special integration between Play and Anorm neither.

> - did you consider changing the namespaces from play.api to play.scala and the rest to play.java?
Even though I understand how annoying it might be, I think it would be more consistent

Well using java or scala as part of a package name is not a good idea at all, because of the relative import resolution in Scala. So if you import play._, you get a total mess.

> - are you planning to better integrate swagger? I think it would be an excellent addition to the stack

It would probably be useful to have support for it, but I don't think that this is something that should live in the core. It should probably be a plugin instead.

Guillaume Bort, http://guillaume.bort.fr

anli

Oct 17, 2012, 3:49:51 PM10/17/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
I still can not estimate master branch (checking last one every day) because it is still impossible to create new play project - I have filed the issue in another (ORM-related) topic. Copy/paste from that topic is below. From that topic it is clear I'm not the only having the problem - at least there are two of us. Are we two only having this absolute stopper?

zz $ play new 1st
       _            _
 _ __ | | __ _ _  _| |
| '_ \| |/ _' | || |_|
|  __/|_|\____|\__ (_)
|_|            |__/

play! 2.1-SNAPSHOT (using Scala 2.10.0-M7), http://www.playframework.org

The new application will be created in /wrk/zz/1st

What is the application name?
> 1st

Which template do you want to use for this new application?

  1             - Create a simple Scala application
  2             - Create a simple Java application
  3             - Create an empty project
  <g8 template> - Create an app based on the g8 template hosted on Github

> 1
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: scalax.io.Input.string$default$1()Lscalax/io/Codec;
        at play.console.Console$.replace(Console.scala:29)
        at play.console.Console$.generateLocalTemplate(Console.scala:61)
        at play.console.Console$.newCommand(Console.scala:133)
        at play.console.Console$$anonfun$10$$anonfun$apply$5.apply(Console.scala:182)
        at play.console.Console$$anonfun$10$$anonfun$apply$5.apply(Console.scala:182)
        at play.console.Console$$anonfun$11.apply(Console.scala:185)
        at play.console.Console$$anonfun$11.apply(Console.scala:184)
        at scala.Option.map(Option.scala:133)
        at play.console.Console$.main(Console.scala:184)
        at play.console.Console.run(Console.scala:208)
        at play.console.Console.run(Console.scala:205)
        at xsbt.boot.Launch$.run(Launch.scala:55)
        at xsbt.boot.Launch$$anonfun$explicit$1.apply(Launch.scala:45)
        at xsbt.boot.Launch$.launch(Launch.scala:69)
        at xsbt.boot.Launch$.apply(Launch.scala:16)
        at xsbt.boot.Boot$.runImpl(Boot.scala:31)
        at xsbt.boot.Boot$.main(Boot.scala:20)
        at xsbt.boot.Boot.main(Boot.scala)
Error during sbt execution: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: scalax.io.Input.string$default$1()Lscalax/io/Codec;
zz $

Pascal Voitot Dev

Oct 17, 2012, 4:05:43 PM10/17/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Did you completely clean your Play framework? (./clean or even ./cleanEverything)
Sometimes, Ivy cache also gets corrupted and cleaning at least scala/play deps from it (or all) may help.

Pascal

anli

Oct 17, 2012, 4:46:37 PM10/17/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:06:25 AM UTC+4, Pascal wrote:
Did you completely clean your Play framework? (./clean or even ./cleanEverything)
Sometimes, Ivy cache also gets corrupted and cleaning at least scala/play deps from it (or all) may help.

Pascal

Pascal, thanks, you have moved my ship :) - I have both started cleanEverything and deleted ~./ivy2 and now new project can be created at last!

Can you, please, dirrect me how to generate a documentation (including pdf and so on)?