Play 2.6.0-M3 released!

Greg Methvin

Mar 25, 2017, 12:24:56 AM3/25/17
to play-framework
Hi all,

The Play team is pleased to announce the release of Play 2.6.0-M3, the third milestone for Play 2.6.0.

This release contains more improvements as we make our way toward the final release. Among other improvements and documentation, this release adds optimizations for the Akka HTTP server, a new cookie encoding method using the JSON Web Token format, and support for the SameSite cookie attribute.

You can see all new commits in this release here: https://github.com/playframework/playframework/compare/2.6.0-M2...2.6.0-M3/

The following milestones for Play libraries have also been released:
 - play-json 2.6.0-M6
 - play-ws-standalone 1.0.0-M6
 - scalatestplus-play 3.0.0-M2

--
Greg Methvin
Tech Lead - Play Framework

Enver Osmanov

Mar 31, 2017, 8:31:49 AM3/31/17
to Play Framework
Not sure, but I think function play.api.mvc.Result#discardingCookies in Play 2.6.0-M3 works incorrect. It adds new discarded cookie, but doesn't  removes old cookies.

For example before using discardingCookies I have single cookie:
Cookie(id,test-id,Some(43200),/,None,true,true,None)

After I discardingCookies have:
"Cookie(id,test-id,Some(43200),/,None,true,true,None)"
"Cookie(id,test-id,Some(43200),/,None,true,true,None)"
 "Cookie(id,,Some(-86400),/,None,true,true,None)"

So they all have same names. Play 2.5 doesn't have that problem because it was using ListMap - so every cookie name was unique. Now it is just Sequence.

Should I write that to github issues?

Will Sargent

Mar 31, 2017, 12:09:29 PM3/31/17
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Yes, please file that and include a reproducing test case -- probably easiest if you do it using WithApplication.

--
Will Sargent
Engineer, Lightbend, Inc.