Added Play jars into project

RickH

Jun 18, 2011, 8:19:21 PM6/18/11
to play-framework
Guys

Am working remotely with someone on a Play project using Eclipse and I
wanted to pull all the play specific jars (including play-1.2.1.jar)
into the project before checking it in so he would have everything he
needed to run without having to download Play and change the eclipse
classpaths. But I get this error when I pull play-1.2.1.jar into the
project lib directory and reference it:

Oops: UnexpectedException
An unexpected error occured caused by exception UnexpectedException:
While applying class play.classloading.enhancers.Lo
calvariablesNamesEnhancer on controllers.Application

play.exceptions.UnexpectedException: While applying
play.CorePlugin@1c0f2e5 on controllers.Application
at play.plugins.PluginCollection.enhance(PluginCollection.java:437)
at play.classloading.ApplicationClasses
$ApplicationClass.enhance(ApplicationClasses.java:208)
at
play.classloading.ApplicationClassloader.loadApplicationClass(ApplicationClassloader.java:
151)
at
play.classloading.ApplicationClassloader.getAllClasses(ApplicationClassloader.java:
409)
at play.Play.start(Play.java:453)
at play.Play.detectChanges(Play.java:563)
at play.Invoker$Invocation.init(Invoker.java:186)
at Invocation.HTTP Request(Play!)

Even happens with a new helloworld project. If I point the classpath
to the jar in my Play install directory everything works fine. Must
play-1.2.1.jar always be located and referenced outside an Eclipse
project?

thanks

Adam Jorgensen

Jun 19, 2011, 6:54:03 AM6/19/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Did you generate the project using the eclipsify command?

RickH

Jun 19, 2011, 3:52:16 PM6/19/11
to play-framework
Correct, and it runs fine in Eclipse until I pull play-1.2.1.jar into
the project and change the classpath to it instead of the jar in the
Play install directory.

On Jun 19, 4:54 am, Adam Jorgensen <adam.jorgensen...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Did you generate the project using the eclipsify command?

Dominik Dorn

Jun 19, 2011, 3:56:38 PM6/19/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
you shouldn't... its like you would be putting your JavaEE6 Application Server
into your svn/cvs/git/whatever

the only thing that should be in your version control system are the folders

yourApp/app
yourApp/test
yourApp/conf
yourApp/lib (if you have libs that are not in any repository)

Everything else should be local... if you're friend is unable to
install the playframework, you should probably look for
someone else to work with.

Dominik Dorn
http://dominikdorn.com
http://twitter.com/domdorn