Play 2.3.8 released

Peter Vlugter

Feb 11, 2015, 9:32:55 PM2/11/15
to play-framework
Hi everyone,

Play 2.3.8 has been released. Here are the main changes:

3723 Upgrade async-http-client
3752 Commas in etag break browser caching
3771 Log http wire
3773 Do not reveal db password in log
3805 Updated Javassist to 3.19.0-GA
3811 Upgrade to sbteclipse 3.0.0 which has several bug fixes for issues reported by Play users
Add forked development-mode run for integration with sbt server

For more details see the full changelog.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release!

Cheers,
Peter

Ben McCann

Feb 12, 2015, 4:14:05 PM2/12/15
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Yay! Thanks!

Atom Cong

Feb 12, 2015, 8:38:45 PM2/12/15
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the new release.

Kinda new to the framework.  I was using 2.3.7, do I need to do anything to upgrade to 2.3.8?  or activator automatically picks up the new release?  I am asking this because the activator seems to be the same version to what originally downloaded for 2.3.7.

Ben McCann

Feb 12, 2015, 8:42:21 PM2/12/15
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com

Look in project/plugins.sbt

Atom Cong

Feb 12, 2015, 10:30:48 PM2/12/15
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
oh Yes! Fair enough! managed via sbt.

Thanks
Message has been deleted

Enrico Morelli

Feb 13, 2015, 6:35:35 AM2/13/15
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your work!

Play! is fantastic!!!

sagi...@gmail.com

May 2, 2015, 4:25:59 PM5/2/15
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Team!

I have read it somewhere that play is to be integrated with JPA in 2.3.8 . Is there any confirmation on such news ?

Ben McCann

May 2, 2015, 4:31:39 PM5/2/15
to play-framework

sagi...@gmail.com

May 2, 2015, 4:43:17 PM5/2/15
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Ben !

 I will greatly appreciate if you can share more articles on Play and spring data JPA. As I was trying to use the default implementation of play jpa comes with activator project. It is not fully compiling. Now this link will definitely help though. Thanks :)