Eclipse can't make use of Jsonp in Play/Java app

Cay Horstmann

Feb 11, 2016, 4:14:03 PM2/11/16
to play-framework
I am trying to make a Jsonp response, but when I use the static method

play.api.libs.Jsonp.jsonp

Eclipse displays

The type scala.Product cannot be resolved. It is indirectly referenced from required .class files

I re-ran

activator eclipse

and restarted Eclipse, but it didn't help. There seems to be no Scala library on the Eclipse build path.

I'd appreciate any hints.

Thanks,

Cay

Cay Horstmann

Feb 12, 2016, 7:36:32 PM2/12/16
to play-framework
And when I compile with activator compile, I get the equally baffling

cannot find symbol
symbol:   method jsonp(java.lang.String,com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.JsonNode)
location: class play.api.libs.Jsonp

I don't get it--https://www.playframework.com/documentation/2.4.x/api/java/play/libs/Jsonp.html#jsonp-java.lang.String-com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.JsonNode- promises exactly that method.

Cay

Cay Horstmann

Feb 12, 2016, 7:45:20 PM2/12/16
to play-framework
Never mind--I imported play.api.libs.Jsonp when I should have imported play.libs.Jsonp.