Struggling with connecting to database when h2-browser command is not used in the play console

roth.st...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2017, 11:25:05 PM12/10/17
to Play Framework
As the title already suggests, I am struggling to connect my application to the Database when I try to not use the h2-browser command in the play console. If I use the h2-browser command everything just works fine, and I get my data from the DB. But when I try to start the same h2-database in another terminal window, outside from the play console, the the play console get's stuck at this point:

It really confuses me that it gets stuck there, because if I don't start a database at all, I get an error off course. But here it just gets stuck, which indicates for me, that it found the database but for some reason won't connect to it.

Also, I tried to deploy the application to an ubuntu server. When I tried to start the application then on the server, I also get the error for not connecting to the database, although the database which I stated in the application.conf is clearly running. Can someone also help me with this one? Because that doesn't make too much sense for me.

Thanks in advance for any helpful answer.

roth.st...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2017, 11:26:50 PM12/10/17
to Play Framework

Am Montag, 11. Dezember 2017 13:25:05 UTC+9 schrieb roth.st...@gmail.com:
As the title already suggests, I am struggling to connect my application to the Database when I try to not use the h2-browser command in the play console. If I use the h2-browser command everything just works fine, and I get my data from the DB. But when I try to start the same h2-database in another terminal window, outside from the play console, the the play console get's stuck at this point: [info] - application - Creating pool for datasource 'default'