Changing route and play.plugins at runtime

Patrick Li

Jul 4, 2015, 2:26:31 AM7/4/15
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am currently running my Play! (2.3) app with standalone package, i.e. with the dist command. My question is, after it is packaged with dist, am I able to make changes to the application's route and plugins configuration?

For example, after the application is done and running, I create a new module that contains some new routes, am I able to drop the module jar file into the lib directory, modify the play.plugins file and route file, restart the app to include the features in the module? I read in some other posts that routes are compiled, so it may not be possible by default, but I also read that you can create your own custom router, would this work?

As for play.plugins, I did some experiments, where I include a module in the app, package it and run it. Afterwards, I make some changes to play.plugins (e.g. remove the contents completely), and that did not seem to have any effect, the module continued to work, so does this mean just like routes, it is also a compile time thing?

Thanks