New rule for subject line:

Guillaume Bort

Nov 24, 2011, 3:52:35 AM11/24/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

If you missed the previous email from Peter, we want to push a new
rule for the subject line in this group:

Prefix the topic (subject line) with a version number such as [1.2.3]
or [2.0]. For the same reason, it makes sense to identify modules and
their versions, such as [gae-1.4] or [scala-0.9.1].

Please try to follow this rule, and help to reduce the noise.

Thank you.

--
Guillaume Bort

GrailsDeveloper

Nov 25, 2011, 6:25:50 AM11/25/11
to play-framework
Hi I found at http://groups.google.com/group/openintents/topics?pli=1
that a moderator can pin a message, so that at always be at the top. I
think it would be useful for this message.

Niels

stephanos

Dec 13, 2011, 7:30:14 AM12/13/11
to play-framework
Wouldn't it be much easier to just have two separate groups?
I mean, on a technological and practical level v1 and v2 really have
not that much in common...

Stephan

On Nov 25, 12:25 pm, GrailsDeveloper <opensourc...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> Hi I found athttp://groups.google.com/group/openintents/topics?pli=1

Jonah

Jan 18, 2012, 11:17:40 AM1/18/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am a new member and have tried to make 2 posts in the last 2 days, but they are not going up.  I believe they were relevant, polite, succinct, and (in at least the 2nd one) I remembered to put the version number in the subject line.  I really like Play and am developing a project with it -- can someone help grant me access to this group?

Thanks,
Jonah

Julien Richard-Foy

Jan 18, 2012, 5:55:00 PM1/18/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
The only requirement to post is to subscribe to the group. Since you
succeeded in posting this message, you could try to repost your

Jonah

Jan 18, 2012, 6:18:12 PM1/18/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Julien.  It's all working now.  A moderator needs to allow your first post before you can post on your own, and I guess the process just took a couple days in my case.

GrailsDeveloper

Jan 23, 2012, 2:34:35 PM1/23/12
to play-framework
Any idea why google groups doesn't show [2.0]? I created a new message
via Web-Frontend: "[2.0] How to hook into every request?" but google-
group only shows "How to hook into every request?" How must I
formulate the Topic that it will shown correctly?
Niels

Brian Smith

Jan 23, 2012, 2:37:01 PM1/23/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
It's showing 2.0 for me both in my inbox and in the web interface.

GrailsDeveloper

Jan 24, 2012, 2:18:33 AM1/24/12
to play-framework
At the web interface it was change by Guillaume. At the mail it was
what I expected, because I saw with more options that the topic starts
with [2.0] :-/

Niels

On 23 Jan., 20:37, Brian Smith <bmjsm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's showing 2.0 for me both in my inbox and in the web interface.

GrailsDeveloper

Jan 24, 2012, 2:36:54 AM1/24/12
to play-framework
I think I solved the problem: For Mail there is always a prefix like
"Re: [play-framework] [2.0] How to hook into every request?" so I
guess the first [.*] will not shown by google. Perhaps we can change
the Syntax? At the moment I used "[2.0]" but perhaps (2.0) or /2.0/
is better?

Niels

On 24 Jan., 08:18, GrailsDeveloper <opensourc...@googlemail.com>

Yaz

Apr 25, 2012, 9:48:36 AM4/25/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
How can I contact a moderator? I posted a topic about a month ago and it still hasn't been approved. How can I find out why?

Thank you!

Yaz

Peter Hilton - committer (Lunatech)

Apr 26, 2012, 6:44:34 AM4/26/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
You just did. I suggest you post it again, since you can clearly post to the group. Perhaps it was deleted by mistake.

Kay

Jul 13, 2012, 10:41:00 PM7/13/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
My post did not appear. Is it because I am new to the group?
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Rakesh Waghela

Oct 31, 2012, 2:07:06 PM10/31/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
+1 But that would DIVIDE the community ( only for good though )

On Thursday, 25 October 2012 00:49:58 UTC+5:30, Christian Espinoza wrote:
Hi, I'm wondering if is possible separate both java and scala users group? as a strategy to sort the information posted here...

for me it is difficult to filter the information I need for my case and often waste time looking for information that have the same titles on both communities
I think is the same for other members here...

Thanks in advance
Christian.

stephanos

Nov 5, 2012, 4:13:08 AM11/5/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
I think it would make much more sense to divide between play 1.x and 2.x - because they have practically nothing in common. Each is just noise for users of the other ...

Marc Siegel

Nov 13, 2012, 12:15:44 PM11/13/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
+1 to separating Play 1.x and 2.x groups.

Will Sargent

Nov 13, 2012, 2:39:39 PM11/13/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
+1

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 9:15 AM, Marc Siegel <marc....@timgroup.com> wrote:
+1 to separating Play 1.x and 2.x groups.

Sina Bahram

Nov 13, 2012, 2:44:10 PM11/13/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com

Indeed, +1

Website: www.SinaBahram.com

Twitter: @SinaBahram

green

Nov 15, 2012, 5:31:59 PM11/15/12
to play-framework
+1 and if possible split the web site...