FileNotFoundException in .../DEV/DocViewerPlugin

Jasper

May 3, 2011, 11:02:03 AM5/3/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,
When I'm trying to run a play application local (a windows machine) it succeeds perfectly. However, I'm trying to set up a testing environment on a Debian box. I'm getting the following error:

17:00:00,074 ERROR ~
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.io.FileNotFoundException: <playapplciationpath>/tmp/bytecode/DEV/DocViewerPlugin (No such file or directory)
        at play.classloading.BytecodeCache.cacheBytecode(BytecodeCache.java:100)
        at play.classloading.ApplicationClassloader.loadApplicationClass(ApplicationClassloader.java:153)
        at play.classloading.ApplicationClassloader.loadClass(ApplicationClassloader.java:84)
        at play.plugins.PluginCollection.loadPlugins(PluginCollection.java:100)
        at play.Play.init(Play.java:273)
        at play.server.Server.main(Server.java:141)
Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: <playapplciationpath>/tmp/bytecode/DEV/DocViewerPlugin (No such file or directory)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:179)
        at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:131)
        at play.classloading.BytecodeCache.cacheBytecode(BytecodeCache.java:84)

Note that we do not use the DocViewerPlugin anywhere, and that we never have used this functionality ever before. I'm using the play 1.2.1 version both local and on the testbox.

I'm not a linux expert, so please be patient :)

Thanks for your help in advance

greetings,
Jasper

Jasper

May 3, 2011, 11:48:57 AM5/3/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
I solved it myself with the help of a friend.

There was another play process running, although the command "play stop" didn't kill that process. Very strange, but it did happen.

Foollish of me for not checking running processes, but I expected something else when there was the filenotfoundexception. Should've given more attention to the "could not bind tot port 9000" error.

But hereby this is a handy answer for those who experience the same issue :)

Thanks anyway!

greetings