Re: [2.0.2] Cannot debug in IntelliJ Idea properly with multiple projects and duplicate class names

James Roper

Oct 3, 2012, 12:12:15 AM10/3/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
In the IntelliJ remote debug configuration screen, you have an option to configure which modules source path should be used when debugging.  Have you set that to be the project that you are debugging?  You might need to create different remote debug configurations for different projects, because think about it, how else is IntelliJ going to know which source file corresponds to what is running in this arbitrary JVM that you have connected to?

On Wednesday, 3 October 2012 06:31:10 UTC+10, Randy wrote:
I have a build file that defines two projects A and B. Both projects have an Object named controllers.Application. When I run play debug I am able to debug normally in any class in either project, except when I am attempting to debug a class for which there is the same class name defined in the other project, like controllers.Application. In that case the debugger fails to stop at any breakpoint within controllers.Application for project A (still stops at the breakpoint for project B). Has anyone seen this issue before? Is there a workaround other than manually inspecting that class names are kept unique?

Is this a limitation of Play in placing compiled class files from both projects in the classpath? Or perhaps a limitation of the Intellij debugger? Has anyone else seen this problem, or perhaps someone can verify whether the same issue occurs in Eclipse or not? I'm trying to figure out who to file a bug report with, or perhaps its not a bug but an environment issue?

Thanks,
Randy

Will du

Jul 24, 2016, 1:18:58 PM7/24/16