Play 2.3.x messages.xx change on runtime by user

André Schmidt

Jul 29, 2015, 4:55:25 AM7/29/15
to play-framework
Hello,

for a project I used play 2.3
Now I finished the project and installed it on the server of the customer. He wants to change me spelling errors in the messages.de file. He did.

After upload and restart I had to notice, that this had no effect. Still the same spelling errors.

Is their a trick or do I have to recompile it with the new messages.de file

The file was uploaded in conf/

For startscript I use this one: https://github.com/mgosk/play-app-deamon/blob/master/myplayapp
Maybe I have to configure the conf folder as start parameter?

Thank you

André

André Schmidt

Jul 30, 2015, 9:02:50 AM7/30/15
to play-framework, ussi...@googlemail.com
Even here
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/25853156/change-message-files-in-play-framework-2-2-3-without-changing-the-myapp-jar-file

is the same question. Still no answer.

Dear Play Geeks and creators, WHY the jar using the messages file inside the jar and not the files which was setuped outside. This is senseless. Even if I change a configuration. Users can't recompile it, after adding a language at a new configuration.

Is their any idea HOW to change this file or path without needing to recompile the whole project?

Thank you