How to implement email-based authentication in Play Java

Tomita Kazuya

Jan 26, 2017, 9:15:42 AM1/26/17
to Play Framework
Now I am trying to implement email-based authentication in Play Java and eventually I have found that Play!Authentication is better in this case because Play has some libraries which enables me to do this where some of them is for only Scala or support only OAuth authentication.   And I have checked Play!Authentication in GitHub, but of course it is rather complicated that I can't grasp the whole picture in short time.  However, the thing I should know is how to use it.    Could anyone tell me the abstraction of how to do it?

Hannah J Swystun

Jan 29, 2017, 4:37:25 PM1/29/17
to Play Framework
are you looking for an example ?

Will Sargent

Jan 30, 2017, 1:33:17 PM1/30/17
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
The abstraction is called "double opt-in email registration" -- lots of things on Google about it, notably from Mailchimp.

--
Will Sargent
Engineer, Lightbend, Inc.

On Thu, Jan 26, 2017 at 6:15 AM, Tomita Kazuya <iamtomm...@gmail.com> wrote:
Now I am trying to implement email-based authentication in Play Java and eventually I have found that Play!Authentication is better in this case because Play has some libraries which enables me to do this where some of them is for only Scala or support only OAuth authentication.   And I have checked Play!Authentication in GitHub, but of course it is rather complicated that I can't grasp the whole picture in short time.  However, the thing I should know is how to use it.    Could anyone tell me the abstraction of how to do it?

Hannah J Swystun

Jan 31, 2017, 3:48:12 PM1/31/17
to Play Framework
Hi Will,

You know, many beginners are often looking for simple examples and I think that lightbend should offer those kind of staffs to newbies.
When I personally begin using play framework I tought about a private framework that offers for instances :

- Interfaces for entities EBEAN / MODELS ( simply drag and drop or ...
- Authentication Interface
- BI solutions Tools
..etc

that's why people are coming back to this group to ask about imaginary functionnalities :)

I think that the poster is looking for a sample of authentication in play framework.

Will Sargent

Jan 31, 2017, 4:32:56 PM1/31/17
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hannah,

Lightbend's production suite has bunch of functionality, and professional services works every day on authentication and business integration -- we have some amazingly talented people here.

If you're looking for a very small authentication framework for Play, then https://github.com/t2v/play2-auth/ is a good place to start.

--
Will Sargent
Engineer, Lightbend, Inc.

Hannah J Swystun

Jan 31, 2017, 4:54:33 PM1/31/17
to Play Framework
Hello WILL

it wasn't for me :) but for TOMITA. anyway play framework is a good tool even for beginners. I agreeeeeeeee

Tomita Kazuya

Feb 14, 2017, 10:54:24 PM2/14/17
to Play Framework

Sorry for my reponse's delay.  Because of no notification, I didn't notice I had some response here.      To sum up, Using Mailchimp is better?     But, when I have checked the explanation, it is intended for email sendings, not for Web system.    Can I use the functionality only in terms of authentication?
2017年1月26日木曜日 23時15分42秒 UTC+9 Tomita Kazuya: