[2.4.2-Scala] Could not access type JavascriptLitteral in package play.api.mvc

Shayan Shahand

Jul 22, 2015, 8:31:26 PM7/22/15
to play-framework
Hi,

I'm migrating from Play Framework 2.3.3 to 2.4.2. I have followed the migration documents, however I still receive the following error:

[error] missing or invalid dependency detected while loading class file 'Binders.class'.
[error] Could not access type JavascriptLitteral in package play.api.mvc,
[error] because it (or its dependencies) are missing. Check your build definition for
[error] missing or conflicting dependencies. (Re-run with `-Ylog-classpath` to see the problematic classpath.)
[error] A full rebuild may help if 'Binders.class' was compiled against an incompatible version of play.api.mvc.

I don't know where to look for clues to find the cause of this problem in the classpath, versions of play framework libraries seems homogenous.
I appreciate it if someone can give me some directions to look.

Thanks
Shayan

Kenji Matsuoka

Jul 23, 2015, 4:34:11 PM7/23/15
to play-framework, sha...@gmail.com
In Play 2.4, that trait has been renamed JavascriptLiteral, with one "t", to fix the spelling.

Naftoli Gugenheim

Aug 2, 2015, 6:10:27 AM8/2/15
to play-framework

Did you follow the instructions and try doing a full rebuild (by doing a clean)?