Playframework 2.3.7 download link

jitendra shelar

Nov 29, 2016, 6:23:36 AM11/29/16
to Play Framework
Hi,

My project needs Playframework 2.3.7. There is no download link on playframework website.
Can somebody please share the link to download it?

Regards,
Jitendra

Sivakumar Raja

Nov 29, 2016, 6:29:18 AM11/29/16
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
You can create new play project via activator using following command activator new project-name play-java-2.3

Thanks,
Sivakumar

jitendra shelar

Nov 29, 2016, 8:42:31 AM11/29/16
to Play Framework
I want to create java project using JDK7. But, current activator uses JDK8.
Can somebody please tell me how to create project in JDK7 in playframework(2.3.x)?

Thanks,
Jitendra

On Tue, Nov 29, 2016 at 4:53 PM, jitendra shelar <jitendra....@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

My project needs Playframework 2.3.7. There is no download link on playframework website.
Can somebody please share the link to download it?

Regards,
Jitendra

jitendra shelar

Nov 29, 2016, 8:46:14 AM11/29/16
to Play Framework
With JDK7 installed, I created project using "activator new <proj_name>". Not able to comple.
Getting below error.

But, it is working fine with JDK8.

Please help.

Greg Methvin

Nov 29, 2016, 2:38:10 PM11/29/16
to play-framework
Hi Jitendra,

You can use JDK8 for activator, create the project, then use JDK7 for actually running your project. It should work fine. Your other option is just to clone the project from one of the many sample projects on Github, e.g. https://github.com/kissaten/play-2.3.x-java-sample

And I would strongly advise using the latest release in the 2.3.x series, which is 2.3.10. There were several bugs and security issues fixed since 2.3.7.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/play-framework/1f5fd46d-e7e0-4950-a5ec-747a0c0f9f57%40googlegroups.com.

Greg Methvin
Senior Software Engineer

jitendra shelar

Nov 30, 2016, 3:24:34 AM11/30/16
to Play Framework
I created project using JDK8 and activator. Changed JDK to JDK7. Getting below error.

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/typesafe/config/ConfigException : Un
supported major.minor version 52.0
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)