WebSocketFlowHandler and AbruptTerminationException

Albert

Aug 18, 2017, 7:36:32 AM8/18/17
to Play Framework
When I redeploy my application to heroku, I'm seeing the following akka AbruptTerminationException exceptions (which are being logged by the WebSocketFlowHandler)

[info] - play.core.server.AkkaHttpServer - Stopping server...
[info] - akka.actor.CoordinatedShutdown - Starting coordinated shutdown from JVM shutdown hook
[error] - play.core.server.common.WebSocketFlowHandler - WebSocket flow threw exception
akka.stream.AbruptTerminationException: Processor actor [Actor[akka://application/user/StreamSupervisor-0/flow-693-0-unnamed#-1777448355]] terminated abruptly

Is there a shutdown hook where I can more gracefully handle this shutdown?