not found: value playJavaSettings

Justin L

Mar 25, 2015, 5:47:29 PM3/25/15
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com

I have a few Play apps in production but have never used 2.3.x or activator.

I'm trying it now. I started activator ui and created an app with Spring Data.

It immediately fails with the error below. What did I do wrong? I still have play 2.1.x and 2.2.x installed to support the other apps. Is activator using them? Am I supposed to be able to still access a "play" command for 2.3.x? I miss the old way that just worked.

  • /home/me/src-luna-ee/test/build.sbt:5: error: not found: value playJavaSettings
  • playJavaSettings
  • ^
  • Type error in expression
  • Failed to load project.

James RopR

Mar 25, 2015, 7:54:53 PM3/25/15
to play-framework
From https://www.playframework.com/documentation/2.3.x/Migration23#Auto-Plugins-and-plugin-settings

Play itself is now added using the auto plugin mechanism. The mechanism used in Play 2.2 where playJavaSettings and playScalaSettings were used has been removed. You now use one of the following instead:

lazy val root = (project in file(".")).enablePlugins(PlayJava)

James RopR
Software Engineer

Typesafe – Build reactive apps!
Twitter: @jroper

Justin L

Mar 27, 2015, 3:24:57 PM3/27/15
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for the info. I have not written any code. So I guess it means this template is just broken. Its an easy fix but probably a good sign that its not ready for production.

I guess I'll stick with eBean for this app.

Thank you.