Authentication for Play 2.3

pus...@motorcred.com

Jun 16, 2014, 5:08:59 AM6/16/14
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Can someone recommend a good authentication plugin and your personal experiences with each of them. So far, I have come across play-authenticate, secure social, deadbolt and silhouette. Can someone help me differentiate between all of these and with ease of use, maintainability, features and flexibility in mind?

I primarily intend to have two activator projects, one for a web based frontend, another for API's and have the two talk to each other securely. How can I go about developing something like this? I am fairly new to Play so a detailed answer with examples would be very much appreciated.

Thank you,
Pushkar

Alberto Souza

Jun 16, 2014, 10:58:27 AM6/16/14
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
I've being using Secure Social for a while!. I am really liking. It is not difficult to configure different auth providers, the code is well written which is good when you have to go beyond the documentation, the documentation is pretty good as well. The default extension points are well thought and they are really helpful. Login/logout events, custom pages etc...

Jérôme LELEU

Jun 18, 2014, 3:38:09 AM6/18/14
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

It might be worth looking at play-pac4j (https://github.com/leleuj/play-pac4j).

It supports 7 authentication mechanisms (CAS, OAuth, OpenID, SAML, form authentication, basic authentication and GAE) and 20 identity providers (Facebook, Twitter, Google...) for 8 different frameworks: J2E, Spring Security, Shiro, CAS, Play, Ratpack, Vertx and Undertow.

Best regards,
Jérôme Leleu
Creator of pac4j

Tomer ben dror

Jun 30, 2016, 1:55:39 PM6/30/16
to play-framework
Hi,

Can you recommend a pac4j sample project that uses play 2.3?

Thanks

Jérôme LELEU

Jul 5, 2016, 10:29:59 AM7/5/16
to play-framework
Hi,

Different versions of play-pac4j are available for the different versions of Play. To sum up:

Play versionpac4j versionplay-pac4j version
2.01.7play-pac4j_java 1.1.x (Java) / play-pac4j_scala2.9 1.1.x (Scala)
2.11.7play-pac4j_java 1.1.x (Java) / play-pac4j_scala2.10 1.1.x (Scala)
2.21.7play-pac4j_java 1.2.x (Java) / play-pac4j_scala 1.2.x (Scala)
2.31.7play-pac4j_java 1.4.x (Java) / play-pac4j_scala2.10 and play-pac4j_scala2.11 1.4.x(Scala)
2.41.92.3.x
2.51.92.4.x

Thanks.
Best regards,