[1.2.4] need to change ivy cache location, or disable it

sas

Mar 18, 2012, 3:28:12 AM3/18/12
to play-framework
I'm deploying a play app in server in which I have no write
permissions at ~/

when issuing play deps I get the following error

[playdemo-playdemo.rhcloud.com repo]\> ~/playdemo/data/play-1.2.4/play
deps

~ _ _
~ _ __ | | __ _ _ _| |
~ | '_ \| |/ _' | || |_|
~ | __/|_|\____|\__ (_)
~ |_| |__/
~
~ play! 1.2.4, http://www.playframework.org
~
~ Resolving dependencies using /var/lib/libra/
eadfb84dc0ac4b05baa584693f557e5e/playdemo/runtime/repo/conf/
dependencies.yml,
~
Exception in thread "main" java.io.FileNotFoundException: /var/lib/
libra/eadfb84dc0ac4b05baa584693f557e5e/.ivy2/cache/resolved-play-
application-repo-1.0.xml (No such file or directory)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:209)
at java.io.FileOutputStream.<init>(FileOutputStream.java:160)
at
org.apache.ivy.plugins.parser.xml.XmlModuleDescriptorWriter.write(XmlModuleDescriptorWriter.java:
69)
at
org.apache.ivy.plugins.parser.xml.XmlModuleDescriptorWriter.write(XmlModuleDescriptorWriter.java:
61)
at
org.apache.ivy.core.module.descriptor.DefaultModuleDescriptor.toIvyFile(DefaultModuleDescriptor.java:
549)
at
org.apache.ivy.core.resolve.ResolveEngine.resolve(ResolveEngine.java:
248)
at
org.apache.ivy.core.resolve.ResolveEngine.resolve(ResolveEngine.java:
195)
at play.deps.DependenciesManager.resolve(DependenciesManager.java:
327)
at play.deps.DependenciesManager.main(DependenciesManager.java:39)

I tried several things to change the cache dir, like

creating an ivysettings.xml in app.conf with the following contents

<ivysettings>
<caches defaultCacheDir="/tmp/ivy"/>
</ivysettings>

passing a -D-cache=/tmp/ivy

setting a JAVA_OPTS environment variable

export JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS -Divy.default.ivy.user.dir=/tmp/ivy"

passing it as a parameter

play deps -Divy.default.ivy.user.dir=/tmp/ivy

but nothing seems to work...

any idea what could I do???

saludos

sas

Fabio Falci Rodrigues

Mar 18, 2012, 9:32:37 AM3/18/12
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Try this:
> export HOME=/tmp

sas

Mar 18, 2012, 11:56:47 AM3/18/12
to play-framework
thanks a lot, Fabio, it was a nice try... but it didn't work

I keep getting the same error

On 18 mar, 10:32, Fabio Falci Rodrigues <fabiofa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Try this:
>

> > export HOME=/tmp
> On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 4:28 AM, sas <open...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm deploying a play app in server in which I have no write
> > permissions at ~/
>
> > when issuing play deps I get the following error
>
> > [playdemo-playdemo.rhcloud.com repo]\> ~/playdemo/data/play-1.2.4/play
> > deps
>
> > ~        _            _
> > ~  _ __ | | __ _ _  _| |
> > ~ | '_ \| |/ _' | || |_|
> > ~ |  __/|_|\____|\__ (_)
> > ~ |_|            |__/
> > ~
> > ~ play! 1.2.4,http://www.playframework.org

sas

Mar 18, 2012, 4:41:42 PM3/18/12
to play-framework
googling around and after several hours of trying different
alternatives, I've finnaly found the answer

just had to

play deps -Divy.home=/tmp/ivy2/

I hope it might be useful for someone else

saludos

sas