How Migrate play 2.1.0 scala to play 2.6.x

ankita lembhe

Sep 20, 2017, 1:55:23 PM9/20/17
to Play Framework

Hi All,

 Is there anyone know how to migrate play 2.1.0 scala project to play 2.6.x scala.

 My current code is in play 2.1.0 scala with oracle database, With my current version it's taking too much time for compile the code.

 Is there any affect to the current code, if I migrate it to new version.

amertum

Sep 20, 2017, 2:15:59 PM9/20/17
to Play Framework

Igmar Palsenberg

Sep 20, 2017, 2:18:22 PM9/20/17
to Play Framework

 Is there anyone know how to migrate play 2.1.0 scala project to play 2.6.x scala.

 My current code is in play 2.1.0 scala with oracle database, With my current version it's taking too much time for compile the code.

 Is there any affect to the current code, if I migrate it to new version.

In general, you need to move to 2.2, then 2.3, then 2.4, 2.5 and then 2.6.
There is a migration guide for every major release which you need to follow. The amount of effort depends on the application size,
but you're up for a challenge.

Note that a new release doesn't mean faster compilation.

Igmar

ankita lembhe

Sep 22, 2017, 8:17:07 AM9/22/17
to Play Framework
Thanks I'll try .

Naftoli Gugenheim

Sep 30, 2017, 9:46:48 PM9/30/17
to Play Framework

The fact that you can upgrade to Scala 2.12.3 may mean faster compilation.

Dominik Dorn

Oct 7, 2017, 6:46:32 PM10/7/17
to Play Framework
and also with Play 2.6.6 there is SBT 1.0 support, which includes a faster incremental compiler, so that might speed things up a little more.