Handling multiple connection pools in case one or more fail

Costa Basil

Nov 13, 2017, 2:18:34 AM11/13/17
to Play Framework

Hello:

I posted this question on stackoverflow. Today I discovered this group and I am posting the question here. I am not sure if it is better to post it here or on SO.

Essentially my question is why one connection pool that fails affects the others that work?

In my mind, leaving aside how the whole thing around connection pools has been implemented, if I use connection pools 1 to N, if 1 fails, the app should still be able to use 2 to N.

Thanks

duh...@hillmart.in

Nov 20, 2017, 3:46:09 AM11/20/17
to Play Framework
Hi, by any chance did you find the solution. I also have problem with this connection pooling. I can't get a db connection after a period of inactivity.
I tried changing the default configuration but its not working. Im using play 2.6 with slick