Announcing Play 2.2.2-RC3

Christopher Hunt

Feb 12, 2014, 7:19:34 PM2/12/14
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
* * * Please note that this RC will require sbt 0.13.1 - please update your project/build.properties file  - the final release will not have this constraint * * *

The Play team are proud to announce the release of Play 2.2.2-RC3 thanks to the huge amount of community support.  This release fixes a number of issues, including:

* Fixed a problem preventing New Relic from working when GZip filters were being used
* fixed an issue with the sbt-eclipse integration we had
* fixed an issue where javascript assets where being repeated in the project's minified output
* incremental compiler improvements
* sbt native packager updates
* Bonecp issue resolution around dropping connections
* update to Scala 2.10.3
* various bug fixes

* * *

For full details of what has changed, please see here:

https://github.com/playframework/playframework/issues?milestone=11&page=1&state=closed

Furthermore, we've now published and will maintain a changelog for all stable versions since 2.1.0, you can find that here:

http://www.playframework.com/changelog

The new version can be downloaded from here:

http://downloads.typesafe.com/play/2.2.2-RC3/play-2.2.2-RC3.zip

Enjoy!

--
Christopher Hunt
Senior Engineer

Twitter: @huntchr

Fernando Correia

Feb 13, 2014, 5:07:22 AM2/13/14
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
That's great news.

I've tested it on a couple projects, updating sbt-plugin to 2.2.2-RC3 and sbt.version to 0.13.1.

All tests succeeded after running "sbt clean compile test dist" using the sbt loader at https://github.com/paulp/sbt-extras.

Scala 2.10.3 artifacts seem to be included in the dist jar:

-rw-r--r-- 1 fernando fernando 7126003 Sep 27 06:44 org.scala-lang.scala-library-2.10.3.jar
-rw-r--r-- 1 fernando fernando 3206936 Sep 27 06:45 org.scala-lang.scala-reflect-2.10.3.jar

So, these smoke tests seem to be OK. I'll start using this RC3 on my development work and see how it goes.

By the way, the change log page at http://www.playframework.com/changelog seems to be out-of-date.

Xenon Abe

Feb 13, 2014, 3:36:12 PM2/13/14
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for release.

My App works good.
But "eclipse" command failed.

$ eclipse
java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: Unclosed character class near index 22
.*scala-library[^\].jar
                      ^
        at java.util.regex.Pattern.error(Pattern.java:1924)
        at java.util.regex.Pattern.clazz(Pattern.java:2493)
        at java.util.regex.Pattern.sequence(Pattern.java:2030)
        at java.util.regex.Pattern.expr(Pattern.java:1964)
        at java.util.regex.Pattern.compile(Pattern.java:1665)
        at java.util.regex.Pattern.<init>(Pattern.java:1337)
        at java.util.regex.Pattern.compile(Pattern.java:1022)
        at java.util.regex.Pattern.matches(Pattern.java:1128)
        at java.lang.String.matches(String.java:2063)
        at play.PlayEclipse$$anon$7$$anonfun$createTransformer$3$$anonfun$1.apply(PlayEclipse.scala:81)

In Windows, java.io.File.separator is "\".
It is Escape Char and cause error in PlayEclipse.scala:81.

Steven Marcus

Feb 13, 2014, 4:44:28 PM2/13/14
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com

Does the guava update in master

https://github.com/playframework/playframework/commit/1e6ad919cb2a7a8f546a3cc8139b02d10b49fcf8

belong in 2.2.2?

I don't understand all the implications, but it sounds like JDK 1.7.51 breaks parts of guava <16.0.1, although the parts that are broken may not be used by Play itself...

thx for the new RC!

Aurélien

Feb 15, 2014, 3:30:01 PM2/15/14
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the release.

However, the sbt-eclipse update seems to have introduced a new bug. I cannot use the "eclipse" command anymore :
[info] About to create Eclipse project files for your project(s).

java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: Unclosed character class near index 22
.*scala-library[^\].jar
                      ^
        at java.util.regex.Pattern.error(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.regex.Pattern.clazz(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.regex.Pattern.sequence(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.regex.Pattern.expr(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.regex.Pattern.compile(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.regex.Pattern.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.regex.Pattern.compile(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.regex.Pattern.matches(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.String.matches(Unknown Source)
        at play.PlayEclipse$$anon$7$$anonfun$createTransformer$3$$anonfun$1.apply(PlayEclipse.scala:81)
        at play.PlayEclipse$$anon$7$$anonfun$createTransformer$3$$anonfun$1.apply(PlayEclipse.scala:81)

I have use the "clean" command before the "eclipse" one.
Moreover, my build.properties contains sbt.version=0.13.1

Ben McCann

Feb 17, 2014, 12:04:37 AM2/17/14
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aurélien,

A fix for that issue has been committed. Hopefully there will be another release soon with the fix (though I'm not sure when that will be)

-Ben

Aurélien

Feb 17, 2014, 5:23:26 AM2/17/14
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com